It's the day before Easter. Normally I would be prepping dinner, making dessert, running to the store last minute. Other years, we would be making plans to meet friends at a local restaurant for Easter Buffet! Not this year. I'm not cooking, I'm not planning, we are not meeting friends. Just us at home! I'm sewing, Mr. Busy is watching movies. Come with me over to Angela's blog So Scrappy’s RSC22 to see what other participants in the Rainbow Scrap Challenge for 2022 have been doing. This month there should be lots of PINK!
I've sewn a Zigzag row:
Added to my Happy Blocks
Made some progress on a few scrappy sampler blocks that will be come a mini table runner or placemat.
2 Friendship Star blocks from some mini charms received for my birthday. These had pinked edges.....man, I don't like those!
a block called Goose Tracks variation ....I thought ewwww! But I want to give each block in this pattern a try at least. Turns out I really like this one.
And a combination block of nine patches and four patches in progress. I struggled with which pieces of fabric. The jury is still out on whether I like this one!
The pink scraps are getting used up!
I did finish the stitching on this little gem. It’s a free pattern at Fat Quarter Shop and calls for 10 count Aida. Well, I’m using up scraps so I used 14 count. The sunflower is only 1.75” across., I added the word peace on the bottom myself. It’s not in the pattern I may make a ornament to hang from my buffet cabinet knob or a dough bowl pillow.







have a relaxing weekend!
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your weekend, Judy. Nice Pink blocks, and I can see a new happy pink table placemat getting form.
ReplyDeleteFor the first time in forever, I am hosting family for Easter dinner! I'll be happy to see them all, but would honestly be just as happy for it to just be the two of us. (Shh, don't tell them!) Meanwhile,you have some pretty pink things going on at your house. It's good to use those scraps!
ReplyDeleteYou did such a nice job on your PINK sewing, Judy! I didn't do any of that this week. Congrats on a stress-free holiday!
ReplyDeletein a way we are spending Easter together! We'll be home too, and the idea of having a partner to watch movies with is wonderful... mine can watch tv for a while but then gets antsy. Plus that poodle is the great interrupter
ReplyDeleteEnjoy the sewing day tomorrow. We have my in laws over but they only stay for a couple of hours including the early afternoon meal, then head back to their homes. I plan to sew the late afternoon and evening away.
ReplyDeleteOh Judy, the sunflower is just perfect. Delicate in beauty and strong in message. Love the pinks too. Have a great weekend and a Happy Easter to you and yours.
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely mix of pink blocks.
ReplyDeleteEaster here was just another day too.
Gosh, I haven't done any cross stitch in a long time. I used to like stitching samplers and still have some on my walls. I should dig out some cross stitch patterns and aida and floss. Might all be pretty dusty though.