I'm Slow Stitching with everyone at Kathy's Quilts today. As I write this post at 6am MDT, we are in the midst of a spring storm. I'd show photos of current conditions, but all windows are snow covered. Not with snow depth, but plastered with snow that blew against the glass. Hopefully we are at the tail end of this storm.
Today I will be sewing the binding on two scrappy placemats/mini runner/table mats. I'm not sure what to call them. I am making them smaller than the pattern states. They are 18 X 15. I am using up scraps in the color of the month as selected by Angela at SoScrappy.
I am also slow stitching on the September block for a quilt called A Year in the Garden, from Jenny of Elefantz.





Sewing the binding on little projects is always enjoyable! I love your embroidery design, too, Judy. The flowers look like a tricky stitch, but so pretty!
ReplyDeleteYour placemats are lovely and the embroidery is so sweet. Have a lovely Sunday.
ReplyDeleteGreat projects you are working on! After some much needed rain last week, we are going to be in the 70s and 80s next week and I need to get out in the yard and get some work done! Happy stitching!
ReplyDeleteHow pretty your Year In the Garden quilt will be. The September block you are working on is pretty. It sounds a most excellent idea to enjoy a little stitching of your lovely placemats inside, all cosy and warm from the elements outside.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful projects, Judy, enjoy sewing the binding and finishing those pretty placemats. Hope the Storm had calm.
ReplyDeleteSo sorry about the snow :( I love those placemats and your embroidery is wonderful!!! Have a great day and sending warm thoughts (hoping your weather will respond). Take care!
ReplyDelete