Pages

Powered By Blogger

Saturday, April 23, 2022

ScrapHappy Saturday Kinda Crappy Here!





Good Morning!  Well, we are in the midst of a Spring Blizzard.  


Take out my front window. Snow is plastered to the glass! 



Out the back deck door! Blowing and drifting against the railing, almost clear next to the house! 

So today I will sew, sew,sew. Last week I finally got some string blocks made. Four only!  Cathy at Crazy By Design did 35 as shown in her post! Gosh, she is amazing!






This little scrappy mini/placemat was spray basted yesterday!  It was nearly 70 degrees and no wind in the morning. A good day to get that done. The US Weather Service, and all local weather folks were predicting winds up to 70 mph and 12-24" of snow. So I knew , if I was going to get the spray basting done outside, I had to do it. 





I'll quilt it while stuck inside today and probably tomorrow.  So mostly finishing up PINK this week, writing a post for Table Scraps Challenge. The Challenge is Pink and Words. My challenge piece is done, but I haven't revealed it. I always wait to show it on Joy's blog and linky party first. Then I'll share with the rest. See you next weekend. "smile"
I’m linking up today with Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2022!  Join me there. 


Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy!
And today , I'll add STAY SAFE and WARM if you are in the path of this storm. 



11 comments:

  1. yukky outside - good day to sew - I like the table mat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really pretty little tablemat --that will be fun to quilt up..
    Gosh that much SNOW??? Yikes.. Not very Springlike is it?
    We still have really cold winds off the ocean here on the CT coastline... ;(((
    Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least it's good sewing weather! I like string blocks, no matter how many you make, they're always appealing. Your pink placemat is a pretty one, too. Looking forward to seeing your TableScraps project. I need to get mine finished up, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to make the most of a snow day! I too need to get some pink strings going. They are fun but I also find that they are not that quick to make. Maybe we labor too much over which fabric goes next to another? Just a thought. Enjoy your sewing time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,
    Wow, that's a lot of snow. We had about 6 inches last year about this time. Thankfully it didn't stay around long. Your String Blocks are very pretty and I really like your place mat. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. when did you have snow? It's been in the 80's here all week!!!! Just south of you in Aurora!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Judy, and thanks for the shout out! Your string blocks are lovely (and may even be larger than mine, and that does take more work!). I love your little placemat with various blocks!! That’s my kind of placemat! Springtime in the Rockies - like you, we go from warm to cold to rain to sleet and snow, and on and on. Sooner or later, we’re going to get nice spring weather!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, you got a lot of Spring snow.
    Your placemate is pretty. I love the way you use the Pink blocks

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, weather this time of year is crazy. Staying inside and sewing is smart. Such pretty pink scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Here I thought the mini placemat WAS your entry for the TABLE SCRAPS Challenge, Judy!! Hmm... Wonder what you made???

    ReplyDelete
  11. String piecing is the best to use up scraps. Perfect for the RSC challenge.

    ReplyDelete