Pages

Powered By Blogger

Friday, December 3, 2021

Finished or Not Finished Friday! # 72

 



I linking up with Alycia at AlyciaQuilts for Finished or Not Finished Friday.  Just a quilt little post. 

No machine with me while we are away from home, but there is needle, thread, scissors and a pattern or two. 





I'm ready to blanket stitch around the mitten shape with the deer. There is a wool felt backing piece so it makes a ornament that would also hold a gift card or tiny gift. 

 And ready to start appliqueing the bear to the stocking shape. This project has been fun, but I had to find a way to transfer the pattern to the wool felt. The position of the deer antlers and the snowflakes was difficult for me to just eyeball. I tried parchment paper ( there was some in my son's pantry). That was a fail. It's lovely to trace through, but it doesn't tear away from the stitching like tissue paper. Finally for this first motif I just used a pen. I put a dot where the middle of the snowflake would be and used a line for the main stem of the antler. The rest I just "went for it". I am satisfied. 

Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy!





3 comments:

  1. These are so precious. Looking forward to seeing your finish. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are adorable, Judy! That is a sweet little reindeer and love the flowers on the mitten cuff, too. These look like the perfect project for while you hang out with your son!

    ReplyDelete