Pages

Powered By Blogger

Thursday, December 16, 2021

I LIKE Thursday #74


Good Morning! I’m joining friends to share likes and good things this morning! 

The very best thing about today is it the 57th anniversary of the day I became a Mom! Our daughter’s birthday! Nine days before Christmas! Our favorite time of year! Happy Birthday! DD!  


  It’s 10 days before Christmas so we’ve started a puzzle on Tuesday  It was sent to our son’s house from his sister in Florida. Television History. Better photos next week!,





Muffins:  I mixed up a batch of bran muffins. A recipe Mr Busy loves. It makes a huge batch of batter. Keeps nearly indefinitely in the fridge. We’ve had plain bran, a batch with whole fresh cranberries,


And this one yesterday. Six with raisins and six with Jalapeño jelly on top.




I also made a pot roast with potatoes and carrots. A comfort food for our son. Something he never cooks for himself. We had it just out of the crockpot Monday. I made Steve’s Favorite Hash with it Tuesday night, and last night we had beef and cheddar sliders. Can you believe I didn’t get any pictures! 


Weather:   I did, however, get snow pictures. 

Early Tuesday morning ! Dawn!

Oops the reflection of the dining room chandelier! It was early morning! ⬇️



Then yesterday it snowed all day.



These two photos taken out the window of the guest room at our son’s home! Amazing!⤴️⤵️

It interesting to me that it comes straight down! So unusual in my experience! Wyoming almost always has wind and snow! 


I think the snow build up on the deck posts make them look like heavily frosted cupcakes! 



Entertainment: 

Outlander season 1 & 2

We’ve finished the first season and as of bedtime last night, we had watched 10 episodes of season 2. 

I really need to read more about English and Scottish history! I might not have paid close enough attention in high school! Or maybe it been just too many years since I graduated! 


Miscellaneous: 

Have you ever made a Simmer Pot? My youngest granddaughter loves candles, scented potpourri and simmer pots. 

This one is apple, lemon, orange,cinnamon,cloves,bay leaves, basil and salt! 

That’s it for now! I could bore you with more snow pictures, because it’s still beautiful this morning, but I’ll spare you! 

Check in with other bloggers at LeeAnna's blog, Not Afraid of Color

Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy 

Judy



8 comments:

  1. I always enjoy seeing your views at your son's place, Judy! I love a pretty, gentle snow like that. The new puzzle sounds interesting - enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My! You got a lot of snow. Beautiful pictures!!
    All the muffins look delicious, I would like to eat one with raisins, please!
    Stay happy and healthy. Enjoy your time with family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, pretty snow. I'm waiting for some here. Ooh - puzzles! Mmm... I bet that simmer pot smells terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you are having such a wonderful visit with your son! The snow scenes are lovely! Have a wonderful visit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Judy, lovely post. We had a little snow but the rain and warmth swept it away. Today is sunny and warm, all these miles north of you! Snow photos are always pretty I think.
    I too make bran muffins, love them also with nuts and raisins or cranberries too. Yes do show more of the Television History puzzle...def. one we would enjoy too.
    Enjoy the visit and drive safe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Daughter & Mom!
    Happy Snowflakes!
    Pretty photos

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your puzzle and food pictures, but the snow-y ones just make me shiver! I've just bought three puzzles and hope that when family comes we can start a couple of them at once. It's nice that you're watching Outlander, which is pretty good, but have you read the books? Gosh, they're SO much better. I've just started the latest one, released Nov. 23, that's book nine of the series. Ms. Gabaldon will write one more and they'll be all done. She's an incredible author! Enjoy the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a lot of snow, although I'm sure you get a lot where you live too. But it just looks cozy there, and I bet you are having a wonderful time. I bet your son is thrilled to enjoy Mom's cooking!
    How fun you're watching Outlander together. We've watched each season, and we will probably watch it all again before the next season starts. It is so beautifully filmed. I get pretty confused about the history, and I even tried to read about it but it didn't help me - lol!

    ReplyDelete