Yay! It’s Thursday!
Do you remember last week I showed my neighbor’s yard and the gift of the single sunflower?
This is their yard one week later! It’s a forest of sunflowers! And a huge pumpkin vine!
I like sunflowers, as you might guess by a couple of my August wall hangings!
I’ve started on a Slow Stitching project. It’s an embroidered tea towel or dish towel! The design was traced by a member of my stitching group, we did a Christmas exchange. I’m using a variegated green floss. I like green, so this will make me happy as I stitch in the evenings. The towel is bordered in green too!
We have been watching the Olympics, but we’ll go back to Netflix or Amazon Prime or AppleTV soon. Or maybe I’ll even sit while Mr Busy watches NASCAR. And football season starts soon.
| “Friends Are the Flowers in Life’s Garden” |
We’ve binged on Season 1 of Ted Lasso at AppleTV, on a recommendation from a book blogger, Julia Tomiak. She blogs at Diary of a Word Nerd.
This is weird photo, but it’s the only image I could save! Google is so picky sometimes!
I finished reading Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell. I give it 4.5/5 stars!
And now I’m reading The Autobiography of Mrs Tom Thumb by Melanie Benjamin. I've read Melanie Benjamin's , The Aviator's Wife. I like that one. I think this one will be good too!
Only one “Not Like” this week. I got stung by a wasp on Saturday! It’s still looks like this and it itches like crazy!
I’m sorry to say, Mr Busy defended me by killing that dang little pollinator and several of his family!
Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy




Ouch on the wasp sting - that looks painful, Judy! Hope it gets better soon. I love sunflowers, too - they are blooming like crazy around here as well! Putting your books on my to-be-read list. I've enjoyed Melanie Benjamin before, too. Enjoy that slow stitching - such a sweet design!
ReplyDeletethe wasp sting looks awful, are they treated with medication? I would have it looked it. I love the sunflowers mine are finished
ReplyDeleteWhat a pretty garden - and such growth in a week! I like your embroidered dishtowel! Are you planning to embroider the entire design using variegated green? I'm so fascinated by one color embroidery that I've decided my next dishtowel will be one color! Eleanor and Park sounds like a sweet read. I hope your arm is feeling better!
ReplyDeleteHi Judy, I got stung by a wasp on my thumb last summer...luckily left hand but it swelled up and I couldn't bend it for about a week, also how much it hurt surprised me. Meanwhile, love the embroidery you have all kitted out and your lovely cosy plan to stitch to the shows or sports. Enjoy!
ReplyDeleteOuch! That sting looks painful. Those sunflowers are crazy! Tea towels will be pretty. I'm looking forward to the next season of Ted Lasso. :-)
ReplyDeleteOuch on the wasp sting! Hope it stops itching soon! I am made about your embroidered projects! They are so cool! Lovely sunflowers!
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry about your wasp sting. That sea of sunflowers is gorgeous. Pretty embroideries!
ReplyDeleteWhat is it about a wasp sting, it almost feels more like a bite or a punch? Hope your arm feels better. Love the sunflowers and all your stitching is fabulous, love our sunflower wall hangings.
ReplyDeleteoooo that looks painful... poor girl. Someone recommended prep H for swelling but dh had to go on antibiotics once for a wasp sting. I marked your books to read, and love sunflowers too.
ReplyDelete