Hello July! It’s getting hot in Wyoming! Dry and hot! All fireworks are forbidden in our city and county! The huge display usually are out county events venue has been canceled!
I’ve gotten the homemade decorations out!
This pillow was completed last year using a pattern for a Christmas star! I thought it would be great in RWB.
There is a RWB table rammer made from a selection of charm square on my small buffet. Still the old photo of my Dad, my sister and me. Some candles made by my sister, a wooden square given to Mr. Busy by our great grands when they lived here. It’s RWB so I always display it in July. It makes me happy!
Best Ever Papa!
I have a place behind Mr Busy’s recliner that I display the Kathy Schmitz monthly blocks. This one is a favorite!
Of course there is the Patchabilities banner to the left of the front coat closet!
And I added the wall hanging on the adjoining wall. It’s a patriotic theme too! It says,” In the good olde summer thyme”
This year I’ve been hanging a kitchen quilt! Some have remained for more than one month, but this one will probably only hang in July. I made it a long time ago. It was my first attempt at quilting a motif or shape. I traced around a star and free motioned it! Wiggly, but ok! It was made during my Thimble berries era! And it goes with the dated blue and mauve tiny flower wall paper on this wall in my kitchen!
Do you remember the red crumb-block type table topper I made for May! It was especially for the small round patio table on our deck? Well, I put this on the back! It’s doing double duty this month!
And after nearly two years I got a pedicure! Nothing fancy, just red! My feet loved it!
I’ve sewn nothing in the dark blue fabrics. Maybe I’ll switch it up and add in some dark neutrals, some brown or blacks.
I hope everyone has a lovely 4th if you live in the USA. If you live in Canada, I hope your holiday was enjoyable! And if you reside elsewhere in our world I wish you a wonderful weekend.
I’ll link up with
ScrapHappy Saturday as soon as can get to my laptop! I haven’t figured out how to linkup, on this iPad! 😩
Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy
You have lots of great quilty July things, Judy! Fun to see them!
ReplyDeleteI need to get a pedicure one day - I need one. The pillow looks great - it seems so many places are hotter than normal - I wonder if the whole summer will be like this - we are actually cooler than normal - down to 62 for two nights in a row - and I have been sitting outside off and on all day - low humidity - tomorrow too so even though it is about 86 for the weekend it doesn't feel bad - I bet you must be in a burn ban too right now - happy 4th
ReplyDeleteYou were right, that Christmas star pattern did make a fantastic RWB pillow. You have lots of great RWB pieces to enjoy. Happy 4th!
ReplyDeleteSEW many Patriotic quilts, Judy... LOVE!!!
ReplyDeleteLovely 4th of July pieces!! I really like that wave-y flag hanging and the round table topper, too...I don't have many 4th quilts--will have to think about fixin' that this year!! Hugs for a great 4th Julierose
ReplyDeleteLOVE your nails! how pretty the first pillow is!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh! You have so many RWB pieces. Love the pillow.
ReplyDelete