Pages

Powered By Blogger

Thursday, July 8, 2021

I LIKE THURSDAY #51

 Sharing with LeeAnna  and friends today. Check out the list of bloggers who share their good things, things they like and things for which they are grateful! LeeAnna at Not Afraid of Color is our hostess. 



Sunday was the 4th of July here in the USA. I was cleaning out my craft cupboard a couple of weeks ago and came across an unopened package of 4 small US flags. I don’t know why I had them. But I saw an idea on Little Penguin Quilts I Like Thursday #242 blogpost  and borrowed it! 





I saved this quote overlaid on a vintage quilt from Bonnie Hunter’s blog. Or it might have been her Facebook page. She gave permission to copy this memes that she creates, sometime ago! I like them all, but don’t save them all! 

I tried Color Street nail strips on Sunday! I have small nails, with ridges. Also, my cuticles are ragged. That being said, I sort of like them! But need more practice applying them. Abbey, my Color Street Representative friend, does an amazing job on hers. She’s a wife, mother of 3 young boys, a ceramicists and art teacher at our HS and she’s a quilter! 

I took a variation of this salad to the block party we attended on the 4th! There was so much food there! That always happens at Potlucks. I brought more than 1/2 of it home! 



Monday we had a Zoom Birthday Party for Miss B. She turned 5! She is our second youngest great grand! 
Do you know about LOL Dolls? Neither did I, but she sure does! 



My attempt at pictures of our zoom gathering. The couple on the screen below me, I’m in the green shirt, is our youngest granddaughter and her fiancé, in Vermont. They joined in watching the birthday girl rip open her packages! 


Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy 




7 comments:

  1. We make that broc. salad and love it! So nice to be able to celebrate with zoom! Hope you have an awesome weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought about those color strips for nails. Mine chip almost immediately and I watched a video from 1940's on how to stop chipping. After painting right away wipe along the bottom edge with a cloth to remove color from just the edge. I make that broccoli salad but use cranberries, cheddar cheese and red onion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your petunia planter with the flags! Glad I could inspire you! I need to make that broccoli salad - it sounds yummy. My mom would like that, too. Glad you got to zoom with your family! That's such a great thing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great things to like! and what a fun little zoom birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many awesome things. Love the zoom birthday party.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute little flag display on a lovely porch and fun family zoom!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your nails look so pretty! Love your flags in the flower box. I would've taken the rest of that salad off your hands - lol!

    ReplyDelete