Pages

Powered By Blogger

Friday, July 9, 2021

Finished or Not Finished Friday #59

 

 

I was hoping to be able to show a finally finished today. But hand stitching the binding to this minky backed little quilt I proving to be a bit of a chore. It is taking more time! So all I have to show you is three corners and 2 side plus a few inches. Gotta love those Wonder Clips!






Four of the intended 8 blocks for CiL’s July- Aug block drive. I love this block. It’s a tutorial from 

sewingaseam.wordpress.com. May 22, 2017. She shows it as a pillow cover. The block is 18” finished.  Covered in Love requires the block to be 12 finished or 12.5 inches unfinished. I used just the center of Sara’s block and added a 2.25” border all around. I, then trimmed the block to exactly 12.5! It gave me a little wiggle room! 





And 12 more Positivity QAL blocks. I need 48 total, I have 36! 




 I know it’s hard to tell, so here are all 36 so far. On the family room floor, because my design wall isn’t big enough! In no particular order. This is how they came out of the project box.


I'm linking this finished post about unfinished projects to Alycia Quilts. Hop on over there to see lots of finished projects! 

Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy




 


11 comments:

  1. You've gotten lots done already this week, Judy! Those flag star blocks are wonderful. I usually make star block for Kat every summer - need to get to those. The Positivity blocks are looking great, too. You're almost there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely work Judy!! I really like your positivity blocks a lot hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh I like those flag star blocks!!! ( I can see those in a QOV!)
    and your minky quilt - its coming a long!! yay for the Positivity blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those flag star blocks are gorgeous! Happy to see your Positivity progress. You are so much farther along than I am!! I need to get busy on those!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many lovely blocks. I know what you mean about how long it takes to hand stitch the long sides and the clips are a great help. You are making great progress on these projects, Judy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those flag stars and just in time for the season!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful array of different projects! Love those star blocks! I've been afraid to try minky as a backing. One of these days...

    ReplyDelete
  8. All three projects are looking great, Judy! I've never tried to hand stitch binding with Minky as a backing fabric before. You are a braver soul than I am!

    ReplyDelete
  9. All the patterns are nice. The arrows is one I haven't seen before.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've been busy! Not much left to do on your minky quilt. The flag blocks are looking great and so are the Positivity. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Judy! I want to comment on your pretty nails for the 4th! My niece is a Color Street rep - such fabulous nails. You are doing great on your finishes or near finishes. The arrows look fab - I know how great that backing is!! I really LOVE your CIL blocks!!! They look great - and I LOVE the reminder to put that on my list. Finally, your Positivity blocks are really turning out great. I just got my 48 finished and into a layout. Yours look so fun. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete