YIKES!
When we are at retreats….. if you discover that you sewed the last block piece with no bobbin thread….you yell out! BOBBIN CHECK! Check your bobbin!!
I’m yelling RULER CHECK!
This just happened.
What the heck? I measured! The vertical part of the plus should be 6.5”! It’s not! It’s 5.5”! How did that happen. I have 12 blocks cut! 6 of them are wrong!
When cutting per cut strips, make sure you measure from the 1” end of your ruler! My ruler is 4 X 14. I think I was fussing about how skimpy the strips are. Not all 2.5” as advertised! The last six pieces I cut, I cut from the 14” end of my ruler!!
In my lack of paying attention, I read the 9 as a 6! I cut them 5.5”! Grrrr! I’m so miffed at myself! I think I have enough fabric to finish the 24 blocks I need. And if necessary, some of the batiks are busy enough, that
if I had to piece them, it wouldn’t show! But, golly, Judy! Get your head on straight!
Just thought I’d share! And I had to take a bit of a time out, to let the air clear! They may have been some bad words uttered!
Stay Busy( but pay attention) and Stay Happy and Healthy!
ps: it’s all better
If I wasn’t on WW, I’d go pour myself a wine!


Looks like you have 6 blocks for a other quilt?
ReplyDeleteOH NO! Judy.
ReplyDeleteWell, Who never?
Haven't we all done that, and more than once?! Frustrating! And you do wonder, "What was I thinking?!"
ReplyDeleteThanks for the ruler check reminder. It is always good practice to make one block first before doing a pile. I skip that a lot and pay for it dearly.
ReplyDelete