Happy Last Saturday of July to everyone! I did sew with a bit of dark blue this week.
Star points on the flag block. This is #5 for Covered in Love's July/August Block Drive. If you want to learn more about this wonderful organization, click here.
Then the star block was bordered in dark blue grunge to bring it up to 12.5" unfinished.
I also cut and joined the 8 strips of dark blue batik for the binding for my positivity quilt. My quilter returns home on Sunday. I'll give her a day or two to catch up on her laundry etc. Then she will start on quilting both Positivity's Cappuccino and a Blueberry Bagel and Rainbow Geese Migration.
I still need to press it in half and put it in my binding basket!
I found 3 red strawberries this morning when I was watering. I don't harvest many, I share with the birds and the bunnies! I have a dark blue teapot shaped trivet that sits on my counter all the time. Sort of keeping with the blue theme this month! LOL,
I’m linking up with Angela at ScrapHappy Saturday! If I get the strip of dark blue punctuation mark blocks sewn together, I’ll edit this!
Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy



Star block is great, perfect for a beautiful patriotic quilt, Judy.
ReplyDeleteThat's a beautiful star block! I haven't had a chance to make any stars for CiL yet - usually do every summer. Your strawberries look yummy - it would be hard to share them!
ReplyDeleteI love that dark blue batik you show - I have that one in my stash too and love it
ReplyDeleteHappy Strawberries! It is nice that you share with the critters.
ReplyDeleteJudy your star block is beautiful. I love that trivet! Can't wait to see your Geese Migration.
ReplyDelete
ReplyDeleteI like your work, it's an amazing technique. It's nice that you are sharing strawberries with birds and rabbits :)
What a beautiful star block. Speaks volumes for Patriotism which is especially wonderful in July!
ReplyDelete