Pages

Powered By Blogger

Friday, July 23, 2021

Finished or Not Finished Friday! #61 No Finishes!!

 

 

Not much to share this week! 


I’m doing the machine appliqué on border #2 of my Spool Quilt UFO.


I have my Table Scraps project for July to finish. 



The painter finished our house!  We are completely satisfied. A rare thing these days.


He even painted the utility boxes. This house has been in existence since 1977 and we’ve lived here since 1988. They were looking pretty tacky. I didn’t know if you were allowed to paint them or not. Apparently, it's ok.  All except the natural gas meter. That belongs to the gas company and was actually  upgraded and  replaced last fall. 


And I am still working on finishing these two book! One in print, 


Although I am enjoying reading this book, it is not one read for fun. It is read for enlightenment and knowledge. She and her co-writers, write almost above my pay grade. Sometimes, I have to go back and re read a sentence or even the whole paragraph. That's not a bad thing!  Just different!



The other on my Kindle:


I've had this book on my Goodreads dashboard and my Kindle for years. I finally opened my Kindle and decided to read it. I just learned it is a banned book..or was. I'll research further. But this one, I am enjoying a lot. These are tortured teens. But they are finding each other. I hope it ends well! 


I'm linking up with Alycia at her regular Friday Linky Party: Finished or Not Finished Friday.!  Go see her fabulous finish this week!


Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy





4 comments:

  1. Just catching up, Judy. Love that Comment on Bonnie's quilt. So true. Meanwhile, appalling fuss re Library promotion and books and upsetting a lot of folks.There must be more tolerance for the world to move forward. Yea to giving your house a fresh new look and having found a good worker like that. You have a beautiful machine. Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty applique on your machine, and that table scraps fabric looks cool! Hope you are staying cool this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh YOur applique is beautiful! and your house - Yay!!! that is a big finish!!! so take that ;-) enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We cannot have a quilt finish every day or really even every week, so a house finish will do.

    ReplyDelete