I LIKE THURSDAY
This is the last Thursday of 2020! It has been a strange year, that’s for sure! But in our world, not huge problems! We are retired, so our lives didn’t really change. We didn’t lose jobs! We already stayed home a lot!
I learned how to do curbside pickup at the grocery store! Three of our 4 grocery stores offered it!
I learned how to source out TP and anti bacterial cleaners and hand sanitizer! Luckily I'm a bit of a hoarder, so I had backup in the pantry! And our RN daughter, warned us to get 45 days of supplies in house.
Thanks to the online quilting community, I learned to make face masks!
And then because my local quilting community could not meet I found this Fabulous Online Community of Friends. Some I knew before 2020!
From Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2020, developed a scrap basket challenge,
that has now brought a new challenge for 2021....Table Scraps Challenge! Hosted by The Joyful Quilter.
Some were new friends!
I Like Thursdays at Not Afraid of Color
I like that we were able to travel to California in November to be with our son for the holidays. We have had a wonderful visit. It will be hard to leave him. I do miss my sewing machine. And I have lots of projects that need to be finished. We have baked and cooked.
We have enjoyed his view
Cutting a real Christmas tree













I'm so glad you got in a long visit with your son for the holidays - we have all learned how to do a lot of different things this year, from ordering groceries to doctor appointments on the telecommunications. Have a safe trip home
ReplyDeleteLoved this post, Judy! There definitely are good things that have come out of this year. I just learned how to order groceries online and have them delivered to my mom's house 900 miles away in Arizona! Happy New Year!
ReplyDeleteHi Judy! It sounds like you've had a fabulous year in spite of a virus. I'm so glad you've been able to visit your son, and his kitty Phoenix has kept you hopping lately. I love jigsaw puzzles and haven't done one in a while. I used to do them with my brother until he passed in 2015. I'm going to joining the RSC block this year. Pink is first and we don't have too much pink in our stash. It will be fun to decide on which block to make! Happy New Year! ~smile~ Roseanne
ReplyDeleteOh steak and lobster, sounds yummy. Glad you are enjoying your time with the son, and the marvelous view. Great likes so glad you joined us this year!
ReplyDeleteLots of good stuff. Phoenix is so pretty! Puzzles! Haven't done one of them in a long time.
ReplyDeleteOhh, so many good things there in California! I love that bench, and the view! Steak and lobster sounds delicious! And getting home to your machine sounds like something to look forward to! Happy new year!!!
ReplyDeleteHappy New year!!! I love all the good things that happened to you! and your scrap baskets are really cool. I look forward to the Table Scraps!
ReplyDeleteOh I love puzzles but have not done one in years. It used ro be a Christmas break activity.
ReplyDeleteMy favorite picture on your post is the breathtaking mountain scene.