Pages

Powered By Blogger

Thursday, December 24, 2020

I LIKE THURSDAY #24

 

I LIKE THURSDAY ❤️❤️❤️🌲🌲


Happy Christmas Eve Day! This is my 24th  I Like post. Nearly half a year!  Thank you LeeAnna for continuing to give us a place to post happy positive things! It helps me each week to know that you are all counting on reading some “good stuff”, so I look extra hard to find something!




I Like Socks. Holiday socks especially!


These are favorites. I especially like fuzzy socks! 




I like this view! I never tire  of it. 





Even if it looks like this! This was the 21st. No chance of seeing the “Christmas Star”, but it happened anyway! 


I  am especially pleased that two of my granddaughters are making our Family Cranberry Salad. This is our first Christmas  all separated! 

I’ve made this salad every Christmas that we have been married. 56 years! It was from my MIL, she had made it several years before I joined the family! 


It’s very forgiving. I use red seedless grapes and do not add nuts. My MIL used ground walnuts. Whipping cream must be used, Cool Whip doesn’t work. And the container is not important. We use a 9x13 pan and cut it into squares. One granddaughter is allergic to dairy and in the past, I made her a special serving without the whipped cream and made in a special jello mold! 


I’m so grateful that this year we were able to travel safely before Thanksgiving to spend several weeks with our son. We are enjoying our time here. This is especially good for Mr. Busy!  He is able to help chop wood, and help build a bench to go in DS’s front entry. 





Happy Holidays, wherever you are! 



Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy! 


10 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to you - stay safe. Love your view

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas, Judy! That cranberry salad sounds delicious! I think it's similar to one my mom used to make, too. Glad you've passed that tradition on to your granddaughters. Enjoy that view!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas Judy! Great memories with that salad! Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow that view... I wear holiday socks and will sport my flamingo Christmas ones! Sun came out, and I wish you a happy week
    LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Judy!The cranberry salad sounds so yummy, and how nice that your granddaughters are carrying on the tradition even if you can't all partake together. That's the things that will last long beyond you and maybe even them! That brings a huge smile to my face and heart. I'm so glad you've been able to spend such quality time with your son and his family. Merry Merry Christmas to all of you. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love fuzzy socks! What fun. i can see why you like that view. That bench looks cool. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love comfy socks too...and these are adorable! Merry Christmas! ENJOY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great socks. How awesome that the salad has been passed down for 4 generations! Love the views, and how truly blessed you have been to be able to spend time with your son. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a gorgeous view. If I am wearing the pretty red/white, fuzzy socks, drinking my chai and looking at the snow covered peak - I'd say life is perfect!!! Wish you a very happy new year!!!

    ReplyDelete