Pages

Powered By Blogger

Saturday, July 25, 2020

ScrapHappy Saturday End of July


I didn't really sew any more Dark Blue RSC20 projects this week. So I'm just going to recap. 

I've made six hollow 9 patches. 2 Geese Migrations blocks for my RSC 2020. 

1st 3 9 patches, 1 geese migrations and a couple of sample Easy Breezy blocks.




The second geese migration and 3 more hollow 9 patches. 



I did use some dark blue in the red, white and blue star block for Covered in Love. 

And then I added more Rails and Nines to my design wall. I am stumped as to how to proceed with this. I need to rearrange for color balance. Then try to decide if it needs sashings or just borders to bring it to a usable size.  In my mind it is too busy, but I always like it when someone else does the truly scrappy thing. I first saw these blocks on Treadlestitches blog. She added a border and it was fabulous. 
Maybe mine are too dis similar. I don't know. ??

There is some dark blue in these block too!  hahaha! 

I think I'm looking forward to August and a new color and maybe some new inspiration.  I need a finish!. 


I'm linking up at ScrapHappy Saturday.  Hop over and see what every one else has accomplished. 

Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy


8 comments:

  1. From where I sit, it looks like you were SEW productive this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like all of your blue blocks, Judy! The geese migration blocks are my favorites, I think. The stars for CiL look great, too. In your Rails and Nines, I notice the yellows the most - maybe spacing those out throughout the quilt top would help? Those are fun blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you have a plan for your hollow blocks. I have made stacks of them after seeing them on somebody's blog( can't remember who). I am not sure what to do with them now...lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think the Rails and Nines are too busy!! I swapped a block long ago that looked like that and was called Chunky Churn Dash. If you google that you may find some layout ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your Rails and Nines quilt top! Love all the quilt blocks! Have a safe and happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Blocks for Covered in Love. Hope you are staying safe and sane.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful blocks for Covered in Love! It is always fun to see the finished CiL quilts that include such a great assortment of blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Rails and Nines remind me of Bonnie Hunter's Chunky Churndash. She paired hers with hourglass blocks that make you think you painstakingly applied outer triangles to each block.

    ReplyDelete