Pages

Powered By Blogger

Thursday, July 16, 2020

I LIKE Thursday #2

My second weekly post to share with participants of " I Like Thursday"  at Not Afraid of Color 


Forgive me while I experiment and try to find a format that works for me,

I Like:



The first cup of coffee in the morning, with 1/2 teaspoon of regular non flavored creamer. I don't own a lot of interesting cups. Lots were gifts from when I turned 50. And more of them are what I call, "Gimmee Cups",  advertising a bank or a place. This one has words!  It says: What are Angels.  Full of happy song, Always hopeful! Heaven’s laughter! Love with wings! 



The red petunias in the railing pot on our front deck. They are supposed to be the trailing variety, but the hail keeps beating them down. We have had 3 different hail storms this season! 


This photo was taken through the front screen, because there is a yellow swallowtail butterfly being a good pollinator. Can you see her?


And some  hailstones.   
A cap from a water bottle for size comparison. 


Weird hail at my brother’s house. Their garden is no more! 


A neighbor saved some hailstones in her freezer....golf ball sized! 




Photos of family shared :

A backyard pool - these a 2 of our great grands. 


Another great grand with her kitty!



Working on goals for the month:


The fabric for a second Geese Migration block. I am trying to use 20 different fabrics plus the solid.
Sometimes my fabrics read the same. I have used the grayscale feature on my phone's camera and also a pair of red glasses to see the variation. It is often very subtle! 



And I like words:




I hope you all have a good weekend. Take the time to appreciate the life you have. Find the joy in your surroundings. 





Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy



13 comments:

  1. I love that Peter Marshall quote! We should all live by that! I look forward to that first sip of coffee each morning, too. I think you got a great photo of the swallowtail on your petunias! I guess they must like the red ones! Wow on the hail! Definitely not good for the garden, though. Happy Thursday, Judy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Judy! Welcome again to week #2. Before you know it you'll be an old hand and find your groove with these posts. I have to say some weeks I think I'll have nothing to say but there's always a blessing that presents itself. WOW - those are big hailstones! I can only imagine the damage those have done to gardens, roofs, cars. Egad. Your red petunias look so pretty and inviting. And your greats must make you smile! Happy Thursday to you and your family. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - that's a lot of hailstones. Some pretty wild designs, too. It's been ages since I've seen hail like that (brings back some good memories, oddly enough). Yay with time with the kids. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great list! So many crazy hailstones! We've had bad storms this week and the wind was strong enough to completely kill two of my beautiful dahlias, just snapped them right at the base. Just nutty! I love the colors in your blocks and the Peter Marshall quote! Thanks for joining in, and enjoy your coffee! I will too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What cute family photos! And those hailstones are crazy! What damage they can do for sure. Take care and enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Judy, very nice to see the kids enjoying themselves, esp. in these weird times. Out west in Calgary they had a hail storm last month that damaged a lot of cars including breaking windshields. It was frightening-a wonder no one got hurt.
    Pretty petunias...aren't they great- any I've had are long bloomers.
    I think Peter's quote is spot on...thanks for sharing it.
    Have a great weekend now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome to I Like Thursday. Sweet kiddos. Wow that is some big hail! Love your petunias. I have a planter like that, have never used it. Good idea to use the phone gray scale it helps when laying out quilts too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice pictures of kids having fun! Those hailstones have weird shapes. We haven't had any hail here yet. They can be so destructive. Love the petunias with the butterfly! Nice quotes too! Nice to see you on I Like Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh your quote gave me chills... wonderful thank you. Those hail monsters gave me chills too, in fear! lol I've never ever seen anything like that. We had small hail, then one big hailstorm that looked like a snowstorm. I really like petunias but they go leggy on me. Good capture on the butterfly. I like your prep tray for your blocks!
    LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete

  10. Great likes! I like your saying about freedom!!! You have beautiful grandkids and I can't wait to see what you sew with those pieces! Have a wonderful day and thanks for joining "I Like Thursday!"

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love having word reminders around the house, to remind us!!! Your GKs photos are so cute! That hail! I hope your roof is okay. Great butterfly photo on your flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That’s a lot of hail, I’ve never seen big pieces like that. That causes a lot of damage. Love that “freedom” sign.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my gosh, that hail is crazy big! I can't even imagine having that falling around me. I love seeing all your words, grandchildren, and flowers. Thank you for the peaceful moments of reading this morning.

    ReplyDelete