Hopefully today there will be some slow stitching. It's snowing a bit today, so the Winter Sampler seems appropriate. The fabric I ordered from Stitchonomy arrived. I ,of course ,had to add to my floss stash. And this is what happened when I got home from stocking up. Our JoAnns is closing, soon. Lots of floss still left but I heard from a local young crochet artist that there was fighting over fat quarters! For Pete’s sake!
I still use these floss bobbins. I have 3 boxes of DMC and a fourth of miscellaneous brands, inherited from my mom and my mother-in-law.
So I got started: Just barely…..
I usually like to start in the middle, but this is a mystery.
And one row at a time is released. So I found the middle and gridded the vertical and the left leg of the horizontal. The first row is DARK NIGHTS. The K is barely started. I ordered the.needle minder when I ordered the fabric. The color here isn’t really true. It’s a dark deep teal. I don’t know the name of the color.
I'll link up with Kathy at
Slow Sunday Stitching today.
Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy and Hopeful!
Too bad the store is closing. I hope you score some good deals though.
ReplyDeleteFloss and thread for piecing and quilting are what I buy the most at Joann's - I'd definitely stock up on those! Fighting over things is pretty ridiculous, though. Looks like you're off to a good start on your mystery stitch!
ReplyDeleteI have never heard of a mystery stitch along. One row at a time? Sounds like a challenge, but a fun one. I use the bobbins for my floss too.
ReplyDeleteI don't know if I could wait for each row to be released for the cross stitch. =) It does sound fascinating,though. I look forward to seeing how this pretty progresses.
ReplyDeleteI sure hope our Joann's doesn't close. I read about the bankruptcy, but they usually stay in business during that process, so we'll see. I visited another Joann's in Dallas on Saturday. It was an older store and much bigger than ours, had a lot more fabric than our smaller store.
ReplyDeleteGood luck with your mystery stitching, sounds intriguing.
It is so sad that the Joann stores are closing. It is even sadder that folks are fighting over fabric! You stitch along is interesting. I've done a few mystery SALs and have enjoyed them all. I love your needle minder.
ReplyDelete