If you remember. I’m not building blocks for a new project this year. Instead, all my UFOs were assigned a random color of the rainbow. When the color of the month is announced, the UFO with that color will be the project I work on!
Angela selected Yellow = August!
Full Stop and Colorful Birches! Both in the blocks need to be put together ( Full Stop) and blocks need to be made ( Colorful Birches) stage! What was I thinking, putting these on my UFO list? Well, if I can at least move them forward, I’ll call it a win!
Full Stop was the 2021 RSC Sampler on Angela's blog. Here is a link so you can see Angela's quilt. I'm sure I am the only one who hasn't completed the quilt. But I'll try to remedy that this month.
I have on my list Colorful Birches and when I looked up the photo and link to the pattern, I remember the designer, Crazy Mom Quilts ( Amanda Jean Nyberg) calls it Bright Birches. I'm following her pattern which I downloaded several years ago. The date on my copy is 2012! What ever I call it. the blocks need to be made. I have pieced the birches inserts previously, a Leader and Ender from many years ago.
Parts for more here and there are many more in my project box.
Here is the photo and link from Connecting Threads.
We will see how it goes. I have lofty goals this month.!!!!!!!!!!!
I think I had better print out a calendar page, commit to what project which day and see if I can stay organized.
I’ll link up with Rainbow Scrap Challenge for 2023 over at SoScrappy's ScrapHappy Saturday. I hope all is well with Angela. It’s Saturday at 12:40 MDT and still there is no post from her! I’m a bit concerned! 😧 All is well! She's been super busy!! Phew!


I love that Bright Birches pattern - I always wanted to make it, but never got the pattern! I'm glad to see you working on it this month, Judy!
ReplyDeleteOh, I love the Birch Trees pattern, too. I made it back in 2015 (see the quilt tab for 2012-2017 on my blog) and I remember that Alex Veronelli from Aurifil featured it on their blog that month!
ReplyDeleteI like the birches pattern. It will be fun seeing your finished quilt! Good luck on your hefty goals.
ReplyDeleteThose bright birches are a great showcase for your scraps! Gail at the Cozy Quilter
ReplyDeleteYour Bright Birches are looking great. I remember that quilt from Amanda Jean. I miss her blog but I thumb through her books from time to time.
ReplyDeleteI like the idea of finishing up UFO's by the monthly colors but I'm too far gone into the year to start that 🤣
ReplyDelete