Pages

Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, August 8, 2023

TO-DO Tuesday #152





Linking up with Carol and other to-do list makers @ Quilt Schmilt-For the Love of Fabric


 
Last Week
August 1st - 7th

1. Post about August colors for RSC and the coordinating UFOs. ✅
     This is my post to So Scrappy on Saturday.

2. Keep stitching on Poinsettia Bread Cloth ✅



3. Cut binding for Rainbow Neighbourhood quilt. The longarmer promised it to me by the 1st of September so I can bind it for the Quilt Show, October 7th & 8th. I want to be ready to attach it and make a label. ✅



4. Set up my “backup Janome”, because the Bernina is getting cleaned!✅



Though Janey didn't stay here very long. My Bernina was back to me in slightly more that 24 hours. Cheryl picked it up at 10 am on Monday and brought it back to me at 11 am Tuesday. How's that for SERVICE?



Next Week
August 8- 14th

1. Cut some more 15.5" squares for Bright Birches.  I need to go to a LQS and see if I can find an orange solid and a black solid. I'll need 1/2 yard to make 2 large squares. This time of year the Halloween fabrics should be out, so it shouldn't be a problem.  Fingers crossed. 

2. Plan projects for the Sleep-in-Your-Own-Bed Retreat that starts Thursday the 17th. 

3. Prep another stitching project. The bread cloth will soon be done

4. Get the zigzag stitching done on at least 1/2 of one of the applique borders for Spool Quilt. 

That should keep me out of trouble. 



Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy and Hopeful!




4 comments:

  1. That is great service for your sewing machine - very important! I have a little Janome like yours. They make good back-ups! That's such a good plan to have the binding made ahead, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great turnaround time. (I love how the service places have gone more to setting appointments--we're all much more likely to bring them in if it's not going to sit there for a couple weeks!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a very quick turn around for the Bernina. Love the stitching on the bread cloth and nice organisation with the binding. Love the basket!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad your Bernina got good, quick service. Does Cheryl do the actual servicing? I think that would be a good business to train for! Are those "tattoos" on Janey, or did she come with those pretty designs?

    ReplyDelete