I’m joining LeeAnna and others at Not Afraid of Color to share the good stuff and maybe even a bit of the not so good!
Last Saturday I attended the Herb Festival sponsored by our County Extension Office and the Master Gardeners. It was great fun and very informative!
We were given some springs of Dill(always in abundance this time of year) and some Rosemary. Then after the walk they had a table set up to make these cute little herb dryers! A small wooden embroidery hoop, some netting or tulle, 6 pieces of string and a hook. Three strings to hang the hoop, 3 to tie up bunches of herbs!
I haven’t processed it into jelly yet, because my kitchen is in a bit of a disarray. My microwave door won’t close! ( some of the not good stuff I was mentioning at the beginning). It’s above the stove. A repair person was called, but can’t come until the 24th. So Mr Busy aka Mr Fix-it, decided to watch YouTube videos to see if he could fix it! It’s apart and in pieces as we speak! No jelly making in the near future!!
We’ve started watching Virgin River on Netflix! I know, Season 5 is about to start, but we didn’t see it earlier. It’s kind of a “chick flick” , but Mr. Busy is watching with me. So it’s not too “sappy”! 😊




I love dill and it smells so good either fresh or drying! Good luck to Mr Busy with the microwave. My husband actually likes Virgin River also, which really surprises me!
ReplyDeleteThe herb festival sounds like a fun event! Hope Mr. Busy can figure out the microwave door. I do often wonder what we all did before we could find everything on YouTube! Have you read the Virgin River series of books? I enjoyed them, and there are quite a few.
ReplyDeleteNice looking dill weed. Interesting technique with the marigold drawing. Chokecherries are a pretty color. Good luck with the microwave.
ReplyDeleteClever idea for drying herbs!!! Wow, those chokecherries! So pretty! I've read a few of CJ Box's mysteries recently and thought of you, living in Wyoming!
ReplyDeleteSorry about your microwave/stove situation. I'm not familiar with chokecherries. Are they just a wild cherry? Love how the smashed marigold looked after doctoring up in the picture. Cool way to dry herbs. I usually try to dry mine in the fall. At least this way it looks pretty! *wink*
ReplyDeleteWow, yes those chokecherries are a gorgeous colour. Reminds me of home when we would always pick them, usually in early September. Tony always uses youtube these days for fixing things. He's always impressed no matter what the problem, there is someone with a video about it.
ReplyDelete