THREAD KEEPER ORGANIZER
The first is a short picture/description of a thread organizer I thought up while trying to keep needles threaded and at the ready for stitching my Spring Stamp Sampler. I had in my stash of stuff a portable thread saver that I made using this :
Mine looked like this.
When I was stitching the Spring Sampler, I added a scrap of 14 count Aida and just tucked the edges inside the binding. I pinned it securely. Then I thought, "how will I keep the colors organized?". So I added a scrap of white fabric, to the end. My prototype is rough as you can see. I can write the color numbers or names on the scrap of white with a Frixion pen. Sticking the threaded needles in the proper place.
When the project is done, a hot iron remove the writing.!! Slick.
STASH BUSTER REPORT
I've started participating with Carole at From My Carolina Home and her Stash Busters Report. I began in June. Carole says just jump in any time. She gives a guide to decide how to calculate the yardage out. Read her guide lines here.
My balance from June was
June Fabric In: 6 yds MSQC order Neutrals
June Fabric Out: -15.25 yds – 4 projects completed
YTD: -9.25 yards or -9 1/4
June Fabric Out: -15.25 yds – 4 projects completed
YTD: -9.25 yards or -9 1/4
July Fabric IN = 4 yds. Because I posted 6 yds in June in error, I found my invoice. 10 yds!
July Fabric OUT = -9 3/8 yds or 9.38 yds
July Net Total ( + In, or – Out) = -5 3/8
Year to Date (net total for the year, + In, or – Out) = -14 5/8 yds
July Fabric OUT = -9 3/8 yds or 9.38 yds
July Net Total ( + In, or – Out) = -5 3/8
Year to Date (net total for the year, + In, or – Out) = -14 5/8 yds
Out : Bench Pillow= 1 yd
July Table Scraps = 1 1/8 yd
Long May She Wave QOV finish = 7 1/4 yds
Total 9 3/8 yds



What a cool idea, Judy!!
ReplyDeleteSuch a nifty and clever thread keeper, Judy. Great idea
ReplyDeleteWhat a great idea Judy! You are always giving me ideas for cross stitching. I love this little tutorial and the extra that you added to it.
ReplyDelete