Pages

Powered By Blogger

Saturday, April 8, 2023

Purple scraps and then some!




Joining all the rainbow scrap enthusiasts at Angela’s blog this second Saturday in April!


There were some little bits sewed together! That’s always fun. Dark intense mostly bluish purples.



I had to play and learn with my new Go cutter! It will take some practice. In the starter pack was the die for a 6x3 finished flying geese. I need help with flying geese. They always end up not quite right! So I’m practicing with purple! 

And the UFOs that got selected when purple was announced?  


Row 7: Bee-utiful blocks = make 3.  They are embroidery. 
Row 12: Multi-colored strings = Keep making them. As I reread this one, I am sure I meant make the strings in the color of the month. I don't have very many string blocks that are "anything goes". I guess it is my list I can interpret it anyway I choose. So. I am going to make purple string blocks to add to the other string blocks I already have. 



Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy and Hopeful!

5 comments:

  1. Your spreadsheet is so impressive, Judy! String and crumb blocks are always useful - I've been making a few of those each month, too. Looks like the new Go worked this time - are you happier with those flying geese? They look good to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, but working with Office on an iMac is different for me. I’m a self-taught excel user and there is definitely a learning curve! I just keep swimming”!

      Delete
  2. LOVE that you have added a UFO component to your RSC experience, Judy! It worked fairly well for me when I tried it a few years ago. You've gotten a good start with your PURPLE scraps this month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like to learn to use excel …. I admire your chart and tracking system! Great purples! Those flying geese look great from here! Gail at the Cozy Quilter

    ReplyDelete
  4. As an Excel enthusiast, I am impressed with your spreadsheet! :D I always have trouble with FG sewing too - my quarter inch seam never seems to work quite right. Love the purples!

    ReplyDelete