Good Morning ! Is it sunny where you are today? We’ve had a rather ordinary week! Typical temps for August, except on Tuesday. It was overcast. Close to 78 degrees, with a gentle breeze. We opened windows and let the fresh air in. So good!
Sun Protection likes for this week!
1. Stay out of the sun! That’s my main one. I’m a natural redhead. Freckles and all! I’ve had my share of sunburns and I don’t want any more.
2. That being said, I learned a thing two when we used to ride motorcycles. Cover up! We wore long sleeved t-shirt a lot. Also, wear button front cotton shirts like a jacket. Then they can be removed when you are off the “bike”. They make t-shirt fabric sleeves to wear with short sleeved t-shirt too!
Tomorrow begins Sturgis Week! If you live anywhere on the corridor leading to So Dakota, you will see lots of motorcycles this coming week. Some riders will be safe….wearing jeans or leathers, long sleeves,boots or at least tennis shoes. head coverings, eye protection. Some will not! You will see girls on the back in tank tops, short shorts and flip flops. Really dumb in my opinion.
3. If you are not covered in fabric at least use a sunscreen.
Also I wear a hat!
And sunglasses! Not a flattering photo, but ……
Not a lot of other likes this week.
Our granddaughter has gone back home to Vermont. I miss her sunshine-y face.
Monday I tested positive for Covid. I am not real sick, but I hate being sick in any way. Good thing is our daughter and Mr Busy are still Negative.
I will not be attending our Sew Day on Thursday.....but maybe I'll sew at home and Facetime them at lunch!
Our son was evacuated from his home in Yreka CA due to a huge fire. The McKinney Fire. He left there Saturday evening. Doesn't look like he will get back in soon, but the house is still standing. So that is good.
An amendment: our son is back in his house. They are still under a warning, but he and his kitty are glad to be back in their own surroundings! We all feel confident after listening to the CalFire and Siskiyou County reports last night on line! Good News!
We did watch a really good movie last week. The Gray Man. on Netflix . It stars Ryan Gosling and Chris Evans (think Captain America)
I'm also reading this book. When I can stay awake! giggle!!!!






I love red hair - always wanted it since I met "Jessica" in the third grade and she had long dark red hair with that fair and freckled complexion. I think you look beautiful, and I like your hat. Talk about learning a thing or two, my skin is suffering from the way I used to suntan in my 20s and 30s - how dumb!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad your son's house is OK, that is a terrible fire. Hope you feel better real soon Judy.
Yes to the long sleeves when we are outside for a long time, and hats, too. I love your photo of you in a hat! I hope you're starting to feel better today and getting your energy back. I'm sorry your son is close to the fire and had to evacuate, and hope he can stay safe. That's hard for parents to have to worry about from afar.
ReplyDeleteUgh. We're dealing with covid here - partner has it, I do not. I hope you feel better soon!
ReplyDeleteLove the hat. A good broad brim!
Glad you're not experiencing severe symptoms of Covid. I usually wear a ball cap with hair in a ponytail. Talk about not flattering but that's the look for a morning dog walk. Thanks for the nod to a good movie. Hardly anything worth watching on TV so always up for a recommended show.
ReplyDeleteoh Judy.... this new variant has no fear of the vax. So many are dealing with this... hoping it's not long covid and you recover quickly.
ReplyDeleteI also wear a hat and sunglasses and haven't heard of that sunscreen... learning a lot through this discussion. Oh and if you're on the antiviral meds, talk to Sally to find out about her man being on them. Love, LeeAnna
Sorry to hear that you have Covid, Judy! Here's hoping that your case remains mild. I need to find a hat for added protection against the sun. A natural redhead, really? Me, too! I guess that's another reason we get along SEW well. :o))
ReplyDeleteHi Judy! I am so sorry to hear you tested positive for COVID. It's nice that it's a mild version, and that your peeps haven't shared the virus with you. Great suggestions for sun safety. My favorite is just staying out of the sun all together. Long sleeves is another favorite, and makes total sense when riding motorcycles. I hope you're enjoying the weekend. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne
ReplyDelete