Today, I will (hopefully) be stitching with friends. I’m sharing a few good things with LeeAnna and friends at Not Afraid of Color
Look what came in my mail this week. I'm going to start on the Boo Crew counted cross stitch from The Fat Quarter Shop. It's hard to see here, but the fabric is Peaceful Purple. . It's been sold out so I have been waiting for awhile. I ordered the floss pack too. I have some of these colors in my stash, but some are new colors. And sometimes you just have to do some stash enhancement right?
I’ve continued to work on this little baby quilt in small bursts of energy. It is going together well.
Rows need to be sewn and the borders attached. Then I need to decide on a backing.
Home Improvements:
Mr Busy decided to trim some tree branches that were rubbing on our back roof. He has a small chainsaw on a pole. But he still wasn’t able to get the one big one. He said he was going to get on the roof! I freaked out! He’s going to be 78 years old in just over a month! I said ….” Not only no, but heck no!”. Luckily he agreed and we were able to call the neighbor’s son, to climb up there and help. Eric is off to college this weekend so we were glad he was available. No photos, you’ll just have to imagine our encounter! Hahaha!
Entertainment:
We finished watching The Old Man on Hulu. You can also watch it on Sling. It was an excellent story, well acted, with a disappointing ending!
We are wondering if there will be a second season!
And we watched Get Low. Excellent! We watched on Hulu, but you can rent it from several other streaming services. Just look at that cast!
Not much else going on here. Our county fair was last week. We , of course, did not attend. I had a friend earn a Grand Champion ribbon for her quilt.
I’m sure it’s 10X prettier in real life than this photo shows. The embroidery blocks are Jenny of Elefantz’s A Year in the Garden.
Explanation: I misread the prompt schedule! I had a post ready for summer fruits and vegetables. Then I read summer salads so I rewrote my post. I just read LeeAnna’s post and it’s supposed to be Fruits and Veggies! So sorry.
Prompts for this week.
Summer salads: Two of our favorites….
This is an old recipe, before you could buy pre-grated or shredded cheddar in the store. It was only available in a 1 lb or 2lb brick. I translate the 4” grated cheese to be about 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar or to taste. Russian dressing is sometimes hard to find. I substitute Catalina, or French Dressing or even Thousand Island.








Thanks very much for sharing those recipes. I love recipes and never tire of looking up some of the same dishes over and over. Always learn a little something like adding golden raisins to that salad. Meanwhile, your friend's quilt is beautiful. Also love your baby quilt and how wonderful you are joining the Brew, Boo Crew. I'll enjoy seeing your stitching I know. Tell hubby we all agree he is not allowed on the roof!!
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry to be confusing on prompts!!! I'll be clearer in future, but your salads make use of veggies when it's hot out... Love broccoli salad!!! that recipe is similar to mine, and taco salad sounds great for lunch... don't have the ingredients but love a big salad! I copied the quilting patterns from FQS but looked at that embroidery... fun. Wish I could go to a county fair again, maybe one day
ReplyDeleteJudy, your PopStar looks wonderful! Doesn't that go together nicely? I love your salad recipes - perfect for this hot summer. Thanks for the show recommendations, too. We're always looking for something new to watch! Hope you're sewing with friends today!
ReplyDeleteYour PopStar quilt is very pretty. I love the broccoli salad. What pretty cross stitch fabric. I can't wait to see your stitching.
ReplyDeleteBaby quilt looks great! Broccoli salad looks good, too.
ReplyDeleteMy husband makes those same kinds of statements, to my dismay, so I have to be Debby Downer and remind him of his age. ;) We felt the same about The Old Man, and I read it has been renewed for season 2. Love the recipes, especially on those handwritten recipe cards. My Mom's original recipe for taco salad involved Catalina dressing and Fritos, and somehow it evolved to taco chips (hard to find now) and Creamy Italian dressing. I have ingredients in my pantry right now to make it - thanks for the reminder!
ReplyDelete