Several good things happened this week!
Do you remember I posted about hail earlier in the summer and my front flower box looked like this?
Well , now it looks like this! I’m really pleased with it.
Also a week or so I mentioned I was missing our youngest granddaughter after her visit. This picture was taken at a music festival in Maine last week. It makes me so happy! Who wouldn't love that face?
We had a problem on Monday with our sump pump in the basement! Luckily Mr Busy is handy with tools and plumbing. I was the “sous-plumber”! It’s fixed!
I tested Negative!
And I voted!
A “selfie”!
There was no surprise in the major battle, but I am so disappointed! The upcoming years in our Nation’s government promise to be very scary indeed! A very conservative member of congress replaced by a more radical conservative. If there is one thing our country doesn't need any more of it is the radical conservative viewpoint. IMHO!
I also was able to be present at a great QOV presentation. Alycia from Alycia Quilts and quilty girl came from Colorado to present 3 quilts.
The oldest veteran will be 100 years old in October. He received this beauty!
The other two veterans were from more recent conflicts. These are their quilts. I don’t have permission to show them, but Alycia gave me permission to show the quilts.
Oh! About sandals!
I wear Keens like this. Good arch support. Sturdy sole. Toe protection.
Newport H2. . In plain old black! I wear them with socks, not barefoot. I know! What a dork!
But I’d love to have these. I’ve worn Clark’s in the past. These would be versatile color wise. They have a heel strap and a rigid sole. I don’t usually order shoes online. But maybe!
And for more dressy, these old Earth Origins from Famous Footwear. It’s a shopping desert in NE Wyoming.









Oh pretty petunias and beautiful granddaughter, a negative test and exercising your voting rights, being a great sou plumber (I wrote plumper, LOL) and all those great footwear. Thanks for sharing such a great post, Judy!
ReplyDeleteYour granddaughter's face is full of joy! Love it!
ReplyDeleteYour flowers have grown in so pretty, Judy! Hooray for a handy hubby, too. Voting is so important - key to what is going on in our country, for sure! Those were beautiful quilts for the QOV presentation.
ReplyDeleteThe flowers have grown! What a great smile! And yay for a negative test. Those QOV are beautiful. Those sandals look comfy (and Clark's makes a great shoe).
ReplyDeleteWhat a great week you had!!!
ReplyDeleteGlad your flowers came back with a flourish. Very pretty and will brighten your day every time you look at them. Glad you voted; sorry you weren't pleased with the outcome. No matter which way you stand, it's important to vote and let your voice be heard. I had to laugh as you described your "plain old black" sandals. Nothing wrong with that and they go with everything!
ReplyDelete