Pages

Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, April 19, 2022

To-Do Tuesday 4-19-22




Good Morning Fellow List Makers!  I'm joining Linda at Texas Quilt Gal for To-Do Tuesday. Linda gives us this place to check our progress on our current lists and make new ones if necessary. Sometimes a task is completed and sometimes a particular task just needs to be abandoned and a different one added. 


Last weeks list included



1. Start stitching on "A Year in the Garden's. September block





2. Finish petite sunflower counted cross stitch.





3. Make at least 4 pink string block




4. Work on emptying the multi scrap tote....darks. ie crumbs or string blocks. nope!! I started, but got distracted !

I tried the Bachelor Block from Melva Loves Scraps. She is hosting a Pieces in the Garden Sew Along.  I'm printing block directions. Using up some Thimbleberries fabrics I have had for ages. 


The pieces are tiny!  Trim the hst to 1 1/2" square!

The picture of the block from Melva is on the left. Mine on the right. OOPS!




Better!!!  It's a 4.5" block, unfinished. I did make all three that she has released so fat. I'm not sure if it will be a quilt or something much smaller. 


Next Week:
1. Work on the tote of dark scraps
2. Finish a bagged project
3. Continue stitching on September block for A Year in the Garden
4. Quilt pink scrappy sampler mini runner.





Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy!



7 comments:

  1. A productive week. I really like your pink string blocks. String blocks work so well to use up scraps…except even after making a quilt I still have scraps. What? How about you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pink strings are so pretty. Love the Thimbleberries fabric in the Bachelor block. I've had so many "oops" with Melva's patterns that I've lost count! Your task of getting rid of tote scraps has given me an idea to work on my scraps.
    Thank you for sharing with To Do Tuesday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your pink string blocks, Judy! Glad you got that Bachelor block straightened out, too - it looks a little complicated, but you did it. Good luck with your list this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Judy! Ooh, those are little HSTs! So darn cute. I love the handwork you're sharing - the sunflowers turned out great as did the September garden block. Keep up the great work! {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do love a bit of embroidery but haven't done one for a very long time, I love it in a quilt here and there. Oh my those hst are small and the block would be a challenge. You got there. Looking forward to seeing that pink string block table runner all together. Have a great week Judy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love seeing your stitchery and what a cute mini sunflower! Is that one of the freebies from FQS?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Judy, Bachelor is a tiny beautiful block. Love your Pink string blocks and The embroidery is so cute. You had agreat progress. Hugs

    ReplyDelete