Pages

Powered By Blogger

Friday, March 11, 2022

Finished or Not Finished Friday 3-11-22.

 



I still don’t have those two small donation quilts basted.  Mr Busy is not happy about me spraying that stuff in the dining room,  so I won’t! 🙂. And we have had snow and cold, most days. This weekend is the start of DST and Sunday and Monday it’s supposed to warm up to the low 60s. Who Hoo! 


I’ll just show you this little counted cross stitch finish. They call it a Dough Bowl Filler, or Pillow as someone corrected on my I Like Thursday post. It’s just decoration. But it looks good with my March St. Patrick’s Day table runner on our buffet. The stitching is a dark dark green!  I followed Lori Holt’s video for Fat Quarter Shop on doing the finish. I needed to cut the backing a bit longer due to the longer rectangular shape of this. The wool rectangle on the back seems “naked”. I may go back and stitch the year and my initials! 




And there was a squirrel this week. I made this little tote to carry my new MacBook Pro from downstairs to upstairs and back again. I don't want to drop it ever!!

I purchased several years ago, a set of 3 canvas totes. One pink, one denim and one lime green. I took them apart so they were like this:



I also found in my stash, a Daisy Kingdom panel. Do you remember Daisy Kingdom? I used wonder under and then blanket stitched by machine. 


Next into my donated fabric tote. A dated piece of blue with pink flowers. I quilted it and attached it to the inside of the "opened canvas bag". 

Then stitched the side seams back together and stitched it with pink the the top edge of the bag just beneath the handles. It works perfectly.  I won't accidentally drop my laptop as I go up and down and can properly hold on to the railing. 

Now I’m linking up at Alycia Quilts, then off to check out the other entries to Finished or Not Finished Friday! 


Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy!




2 comments:

  1. That's so cute, Judy! Great way to decorate a plain tote bag. You can never have too many of those, and looks perfect for carrying your laptop around, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute dough boy filler.... and the bag - I LOVED Daisy Kingdom things!! Too Cute!!

    ReplyDelete