Pages

Powered By Blogger

Thursday, March 10, 2022

I LIKE Thursday #86

 

Good Morning!  Hope your day is a great one! I'm sharing my likes from this week with everyone at LeeAnna's blog Not Afraid of Color. Join us in sharing your good news and checking out other participants. 


WORDS:







This seems like a good place to start.   It came from the Food Matters Facebook page.  But the message stands. 







This is more of just a statement.......because I have no words for the pain and fear I am feeling. I can't even imagine!


I shared this one on Facebook, so my family of women would see. Sharing with you all, because maybe you don't follow me on Facebook. 



I'm reading a book that was a Christmas gift from my daughter. Devoted by Dean Koontz. There are words in that book, that I am unfamiliar with.  Like, “swale” and “archaea”. “Treacly”and “portcullis “! Back in the day, when I first started blogging, I blogged with Book lovers. There was a meme that was hosted by Kathy at Bermuda Onion that she called Wondrous Words Wednesday! I used to participate. Then life and quilting and less reading happened and I stopped. I just tried to look her up and it seems she quit blogging in 2020. At lease under that blog name.  Wondrous Words Wednesday is now hosted at Elza Reads. The format is a bit different, but go look if that interests you. 

Are you familiar with the words I found?


Entertainment: We finished watching 1883, looking forward to season 2. I don't know when it will air, but I will be keeping an eye out for it. 

Outlander started on the 5th I think, on Starz. I need to see about downloading Starz. They have a special right now. $5 a month for 3 months. We don't have it in our cable package. I will check to see what that cost is. 


Mr Busy is still working on his Dog Puzzle. He is making great progress. He has always been 'single minded" with a “stick with it” attitude. Not tempted by 'squirrels" like I am!  "haha"

Added Thursday morning, I forgot while writing the post!  Head slap! 


I finished this counted cross stitch, and made it into a "dough bowl filler". I don't have a dough bowl or tray, but it's all the rage in the stitching community. So I'm in!!!


This is the back, finished like Lori Holt does on her YouTube video. I need to tweak it a bit. The tan piece of wool looks naked.  

Sitting now, on my March table runner with a couple of other seasonal decor items
This word spoke to me when I saw the chart on line. My Mom and Dad had a "song"!  Do couples do that anymore?  Mr Busy and I do not have one. Anyway, theirs was Always by Irving Berlin. Sung in their era by Frank Sinatra. I looked up the info and found that it has been done by Paul McCartney and Phil Collins.



I had an extra pie crust after I made quiche last week! So I made an apple tart or crostata. It made a mess of the pan. Thank goodness for parchment paper. It washed up easier than I thought it would!  
It was good, made even better with the addition of vanilla bean ice cream. If I do the recipe again, I’ll add a bit more sugar. 


I want to make date bars next. I found a recipe online that looks easy! If it happens and they are good, I’ll share the recipe next week!

That’s all for this week. I’ve been sewing, I’ll share on Saturday’s post,

Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy!




6 comments:

  1. Love the dough ball pillow and love that table runner! Your crosata looks fantastic!!! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A dough ball pillow? Cute table runner. The crosata looks yummy. Jeff and I had songs that when we heard them we thought of the other. The one I had that made me think of him was Big Green Tractor by Jason Aldean. According to Jeff the song he loved that made him think of me was Shadows of the Night by Pat Benetar....far from Frank Sinatra. Great likes as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your words, Judy! I am often looking up words from books that are unfamiliar. The dough bowl filler is sweet! I think you need a dough bowl, and then you can make more fillers for it. :) The apple dessert looks yummy! I made a mess of a pan just making meatloaf the other night. Next time I'm going to cover it with something!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Judy! Oh, I love that song that was your parent's song, "Always." Your apple crostata looks delicious and would only be more so with the addition of ice cream. YUM! I assume you had it slightly warm so the ice cream would melt a bit? Enjoy the rest of your week! {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. lots of good likes and I LOVE that song... I think people still have a "song" Oh the pie, and reads, and stitching so good

    ReplyDelete
  6. That tart looks fantastic. Yes - date bars are good stuff, too!

    ReplyDelete