Pages

Powered By Blogger

Thursday, December 23, 2021

I LIKE Thursday #75


Happy Almost Christmas! Happy Winter Solstice.  From now on the days will be getting longer! That’s always a good thing! Check in with other bloggers at LeeAnna's blog, Not Afraid of Color



We finished the puzzle! It was a great conversation builder! Remembering the TV shows, the character names. So much fun! Thank you DD, for the fun gift!


Then we drove to the Klamath National Forest to cut a Christmas tree. The weather was a factor in our thoughts. But as we climbed above the clouds the sky was a fabulous blue. Took my guys about 30 minutes to find a great tree. 


I stayed by the vehicle. I don’t have good balance when it comes to tramping through snow covered underbrush. But my view was so beautiful! 
These was this tiny bit of green lichen ( I think) just laying on top of the snow. 


And single pine/spruce/fir cones here and there. 


The snow was not deep, so there was great contrast in the landscape! 


The very pretty tree awaiting lights and decorations! 





Monday we drove to a neighboring city to do a bit of shopping, check out some Christmas lights and eat some great Mexican food! 


Tuesday was a dreary day! As was Wednesday. DS and I made Chicken Enchiladas for dinner. A favorite yummy supper. 



Wednesday was my day to start preparing the cranberry salad. It’s a long process if you do it according to my late MIL’s recipe. 'smile'


2 cups of ground fresh cranberries with 1.5 cups of white sugar stirred in. Let set overnight in the fridge. 

It's a jello based salad If you want the recipe, send me a message at jdyblr6107 (at) gmail (dot) com.



Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy




5 comments:

  1. sounds like you are enjoying your visit with your son - I see on the weather that northern California and the Sierra's will get a lot of snow later this week - it should be very pretty but won't want to be out in it - near you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have about the same amount of snow as we do. Loved the little things you spotted to photograph...I love those tiny things of nature. What a gorgeous tree the men found. Enjoy every minute now...Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful place you're in, Judy! The Christmas tree looks perfect. Glad you had fun with the puzzle, too. The cranberry salad sounds like one my mom used to make - yummy! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That tree is perfect for decorating - nice shape and lots of space. Ground cranberries look pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your pictures of the outdoors. You have more snow than we do. Have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete