Good Morning All! I'm sharing a few good things from the last week or so. If you go to LeeAnna's blog, Not Afraid of Color, there are a whole group of us that participate in this fun meme!
As I was trying to decide how to border my recent Autumn stitchery,
I remembered I had this one I used to hang it in my dining room. But I have a piece of art there now, that I inherited from my sister. So I hung it in my kitchen .
The stitchery is from Crabapple Hill from a long time ago. They had a series of seasonal stitching designs. I have Spring, Summer and Fall. I have yet to do the Winter one. It is still a favorite, I just haven't traced and stitched it yet.
Our local NE Wyoming Quilt Show was last weekend. They hung 336 quilts, I think. This is the one I made for my sister after she lost her husband and received her cancer diagnosis. I never put it in the quilt show, as I didn't want to ask for it back, even for that. But now it lives with me, so I shared it.
And this is my Rainbow Geese Migration hanging there too.
Mr. Busy and I took a road trip last Sunday to Spearfish Canyon in the Black Hills of South Dakota. It's a favorite drive of ours. This year we hiked from the parking lot to Roughlock Falls.
It was way passed lunch time when we got back to Spearfish, so we stopped at a sort of fast food place. They have a drive through and we don't have a Culver's in our town....this is what my diet coke cup said! Made me smile! That vegetable fabric you see, is one of a set of place mats we keep in the car. I have a zip lock bag with them, plastic forks, straws and napkins and salt & pepper. Makes for a great picnic in the car or at a park if we find one.
This picture was taken out the front windshield as we travel south into the canyon. See the two white blobs to the right of the car ahead. Mountain Sheep mama and her baby. We have never seen Mountain Sheep in this area before. Mr Busy said, " that was worth the trip"!
And I leave you with a quote from Steve Jobs. Found on Bonnie Hunter's Facebook page. A long time ago she gave permission to use these quotes she superimposed on quilts or quilt blocks. I think this one is called Turkey Tracks. One of her designs.
Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy.

sounds like you had a good day - what a wonderful idea to keep a picnic set in the car especially when in the habit of taking a drive and getting lunch. All of your quilt are beautiful but that was a lot of quilts to be up against. I used to put a couple quilts in the fair now and then but I don't think we ever got that many!
ReplyDeletelove the poem and quote, all of it really. The SD hills are so pretty I want to go visit too. Maybe sometime. LOL feeling bubbly inside
ReplyDeleteWow beautiful scenery!
ReplyDeleteThe goat and kid are adorable.
All your quilts are blue ribbons to me.
Your trip up to the Black Hills and the hike look wonderful, Judy! Fun to stop at Culvers and get a car picnic, too. We're getting a new Culvers here in Loveland. Love your fall embroidery from Crabapple Hill. And your quilts look just great hung in the show!
ReplyDeleteYour trip looks awesome! And your hike! Wow. Culver is fabulous and what a great idea to have stuff ready to picnic whenever and wherever! As usual I love your embroidery and your quilts are stunning. Went and checked out FB and just so much talent and I love that there was a young people's category!
ReplyDeleteGreat quilts! And what a beautiful hike!
ReplyDelete