Pages

Powered By Blogger

Friday, October 22, 2021

Doves Finished or Not Finished Friday #69 10-22-21

 


I'm linking up with Alycia at AlyciaQuilts for Finished or Not Finished Friday. Stop by and see all the other finishes from this week. 



I have a finish today!  A squirrel of sorts, but not one that ran very fast!


The last day of August, I was reading blogs and when I got to Kelly's My Quilt Infatuation, she was introducing a new book. It is called Scrappy Improv Quilting. Now I loved her first book, Stash Statement so I read on. I read all about the small mini quilts and wall hangings featured in this book. Several caught my eye. She finished her post with a statement that she was going to do a giveaway. Just add a single comment and the names would be drawn at random. I told her how much I had enjoyed Stash Statement and how this book was "drool worthy"!

On September 6th I received and email saying I had won the signed copy of her book. I was "over the moon".  It took the USPS awhile to get it to me, but it was well worth the wait. 





I swooned and poured over the pages and the beautiful quilts. I shared it with my stitching friends too. They think I'm a bit "crazy about scraps", so I wanted them to see again what fabulous quilts can come from a bin of scraps. 


My sewing group, had a mini retreat planned for the middle of October. They had selected a challenge last year( when we did not meet) and it was to make some thing using yellow and gray. I finally decided I had better get on the ball. So I looked through the gray I had in my scrap box and found a muted dotted one. I could see it as birds. So Birds of a Feather was selected. This is Kelly's quilt from the book. 




I call mine  "Lonesome No More"!  I think of these as doves. Not Lonesome Doves though. 



Almost finished on Monday. 

I finished the binding, a solid gray, and hanging corners yesterday!





Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy! 




7 comments:

  1. Judy, sew cute!!! I was glad to read you won a copy of Kelly's book. Great job getting right to it! I love your yellow background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Judy, love your Not Lonesome Doves little hanging. What a great squirrel!! I also liked that photo of your brother and wife. Wow, to the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super sweet interpretation of Kelly's pattern and congrats on your book score, Judy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Love your quilt version,Judy. Well done!It is a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That turned out so well, and congratulations on winning the book! I think I may have to add both of her books to my collection! It seems I have more time to read than quilt/sew these days... And that really looks fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. applause!!! How striking this is!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the win of the book and look at you - putting it to good use already!! LOVE it!! Not Lonesome Doves!!!

    ReplyDelete