Pages

Powered By Blogger

Friday, July 30, 2021

July Table Scraps Challenge and Finished or Not Finished Friday!

 


H


The RSC Color for July is dark blues. Or dark neutrals, Angela suggested!  As I was making my Positivity QAL blocks using a Bali Pops bundle (Bali Pops are pre-cut 2.5” strips of batiks) I found the strips were cut skimpily.  They are beautiful fabrics! They were WOF . They were darks. Blacks and browns, and also some yellow golds were included! I love the bundle and had been saving it for a long time!  Then,  I had a mishap cutting a set of strips for the plus blocks. They were supposed to be 6.5 inches. I cut them at 5.5, by accidentally measuring from the wrong end of a ruler. If you are not paying attention, a nine (9) can look deceivingly like a six(6). Oy vey! 

Luckily I had enough of the other strips to complete my Positivity blocks! But I had more strips! I had admired a table runner posted about by  Nancy at Grace and Piece Quilting. Check out her Dandy Candy table runners here. Hers used gorgeous Japanese fabrics. She responded to my comment on her blog by telling me how to get the pattern. It’s from Pieced Tree Patterns. And so I ordered it. It uses 5 inch X 2.5 inch rectangles. I had some of those and the left overs from the cutting of Positivity! So voila! All from that bundle of cappuccino colored strips. And there is more left over.



I took this photo on our living room sofa. It looks good there. I think it will end up on the buffet at the beginning of August! I am so pleased with it. I used 3 different black strips to do the binding. And I sewed it all by machine. It was easy and I think it looks good. 


 It’s hard to see the top stitching on the black binding! I attached it on the back and turned it to the front to stitch down. 

This is the back. You can barely see the black stitching on the edge! I used black Masterpiece thread in the bobbin, so it shows a little on the back. But, hey! It’s the back!  It’s pieced and not stunning anyway. Next time, I’ll try using a better blender thread color. 



OMG! Do you see what I see? A whole panel of brown rectangles unquilted! 

 

Not too noticeable from the front, just to the right of the vertical yellow gold strip. But I think I’ll go back and finish it!


This Table Scraps Challenge , this year, has really helped use up some stash, try some techniques that I would be reluctant to try on a regular quilt. I’ve gotten better at quilting on my DSM. I’m excited to continue. Wonder what August's project will be?  What color will it be?


I'm linking up with Joy at The Joyful Quilter. Her linky party will go live on July 30th and run til August 2nd. 

And since this is my only finish this week, I’m linking up with ,Alycia Quilts, also!




Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy





9 comments:

  1. Judy it's beautiful! I love the coffee colors and especially that pretty text fabric on the back. Nice job quilting too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made a beautiful runner, Judy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your colors. I'm not really a brown person but I may have to do one runner in browns... maybe when we get to orange.... Did you use a heavier thread for quilting? It looks like it to me but I'm not sure. I've enjoyed the table scrap challenge for all of the same reasons.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous table runner! I love your fabrics. The binding turned out great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some people might think browns are boring, not me, I love them!! I have a roll of black/brown/tan that I should use too! Nice job Judy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that is a beautiful table runner! those colors just look great together!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cappuccino table runner it adorbs, Judy!!! Don't you love that pattern?!!! Great FMQ, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The coffee colours are so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love, love, LOVE that deep, rich runner (and the fact that it appears to be double-sided!!) That will look SEW beautiful on your table, Judy. Thanks for participating in the July 2021 TABLE SCRAPS Challenge!

    ReplyDelete