I Like
Good Morning! I’m joining LeeAnna at Not Afraid of Color and friends, sharing “likes” in my life.
On Saturday a friend and I attended a local Garden Walk!
Did you spy the iridescent peacock garden art. The homeowner had two peacocks in this mostly shady part of her garden .
All four corners and all four sides are finished! This is the Follow Your Own Path QAL from Sandra and Musings of a Menopausal Melon I love it so much! I have changed it's name to Go Your Own Way. Like the song from Fleetwood Mac. Although the song is sad, about the breakup between Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham, this little quilt makes me happy! Everyone should be allowed to Go their Own Way.
We are having our house painted! In the past, Mr Busy would have tackled it himself. It’s only a ranch with a two car garage, but still requires hours on a ladder in the sun. He has finally acquiesced and admitted it’s dangerous for him at almost 77. I’ll be glad to have it looking fresh. I’d show pictures, but still in the priming stage…nothing much to see!
My list is short today, Back to the sewing room! Not stitching with friends today! Most are gone to our State Quilt Guild Convention . I’m not ready to be that intimate yet. Sleeping in college dorms, eating in the cafeteria, sitting in closed classrooms! Most of Wyomingites are not vaccinated! I am, but why tempt it!
After some sewing, I'll be visiting the other bloggers listed on LeeAnna's blog. Come check it out.
Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy



A garden walk sounds fun. I did not know deer liked hostas.
ReplyDeleteI'm never ready for the sleeping in college dorms level of intimacy and haven't been since college - and it has nothing to do with being vaccinated - lol!
How exciting about your house being painted. Boy I wish I could keep my husband (age 73) from getting on ladders and thinking he can do things he did even 10 years ago. He's stubborn. ;)
I love the name change on your quilt!
What a neat garden walk. The home made hosta cage is awesome and the peacock is gorgeous. Love your quilt with the blueberry! When you mentioned Stevie Nicks I always think of this meme which says. Say what you want about Stevie Nicks but she wrote songs and made her ex play guitar in a band and sing about what an "jerk" he was. Now that is awesome.
ReplyDeletea good list! the plants are thriving around your 'hood. Love the pop of color on your plus signs and stevie nicks... a lot of my fave songs came from her
ReplyDeleteGoodness! I thought that peacock was real! Love your quilt - especially with the blueberry bagel block!
ReplyDeleteI agree on the sleeping in a dorm room with other people close by - not ready for that yet! The garden walk sounds fun. Go Your Own Way is a great name for your quilt - and now you have me singing! We're having someone install a new fence this week and a handyman coming to look at replacing the sink. Mike hates to pay the money for someone else to do these things, but I say it's worth it!
ReplyDeleteHappy House Painted!
ReplyDeleteThe stone variety in the hosta photo is lovely.
Huzzah for having the house painted! That peacock has a solar panel - I wonder if he lights up at night? It has amazing colors. I really like your positivity blocks!
ReplyDeleteA garden walk sounds like fun, love the peacock. Congrats on finishing 'Go your own way'! Love your Positivity too. I think males are stubborn, why on earth do they have to climb ladders and be on the roof at that age?! Glad your hubby sees sense!
ReplyDelete