We arrived home last Wednesday, ahead of the high winds that plagued most of Wyoming on Thursday. I couldn’t place a grocery order because we were without internet until 5pm Thursday. When I did log on there wasn’t daytime pick up times til Saturday! Luckily I had coffee, bread in the freezer and soup in the pantry! So with 2 take out meals we made do.
I’m feeling sad today and a bit lost. So what do I do? Go to my sewing room, of course!
There is a bit of pink happening!
I did get 2 Hollow Nines done to add to the ongoing box of blocks! And I cut some more pink 2" squares to make a few more before the end of the month.
This little heart project has made the day a bit easier to survive. It was one week ago that I learned of my sister's passing and I am still processing.
I'm linking up with Angela at Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2021. Join us there to see other PINK projects!
Stay Busy and Stay Happy ( if possible) and Healthy





I made that Cluck, Cluck Sew heart project a few years ago - yours looks great! Glad you had enough in the fridge to make do until you could get more groceries. We've had wind, too, but it was much worse in WY, even just north of us in Cheyenne. Hope you survived without any damage. Did your sister live near you, Judy? Sending you good thoughts!
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry about your sister. Our projects do help us keep going, but it's not easy. Your heart mini-quilt is adorable, and will be very special when quilted in pink thread. Take care.
ReplyDeleteWelcome home, Judy! I'm sorry that your heart is heavy, but pleased that your PINK projects allowed you to step away from your grief for a short time. That little runner is going to be SEW cute!!
ReplyDeleteI love the matching scrap basket color!
ReplyDeleteI hope you can find a bit of peace about your sister's passing. Thank goodness we have our quilting to distract us and lets our minds wander to come to terms with things we have no control over. Sometimes we even get a brilliant idea or two! ((hugs))
ReplyDelete