Pages

Powered By Blogger

Thursday, January 21, 2021

I LIKE THURSDAY #27


I’m sharing my likes , with others  at  Not Afraid of Color . Thank you LeeAnna for hosting this place for us to share with others, 

This has been a difficult two weeks for me! I’m finding it hard to stay “on task”.  On Saturday the 9th, while still in California, I received a call from my brother to tell me that my sister had died the night before. I am so sad. 

We enjoyed our last few days with our son. We watched AWAY on Netflix. 


If you are a Hillary Swank fan or if you like movies about space, you’ll like this one! I give it 5  ⭐️ s. 

I baked another batch of his (our son’s) favorite cookies! 




There were some “likes” that happened as we traveled  home to Wyoming , the 11th -13th. 

We had great weather☀️ mostly! Though it was foggy as we drove past Mt Shasta. 



We had no  🚗 issues or accidents! The day after we got home we had high winds. 79 mph in our city, 102 mph in Cheyenne WY.


                                                             Sorry, I had to share!


We arrived home to a huge stack of mail, thank goodness for my wonderful neighbor, Becky, who took in our mail and watered my plants. My Christmas cactuses were in full bloom. 



This one was left in my care by my granddaughter. She’ll be back to get it! Soon I hope! 






My oldest cactus. A gift years ago from my sister! 







We caught the puzzle bug while in California.And finally got this one done when we got home.  It was attempted a couple of years ago, then put back in the box in frustration! 





I was able to start a small “table runner”......




Mr Busy’s siblings and their spouses sent me these flowers. 





And yesterday, the best thing!  We have a new President and Vice President! My sister was glad the election went the way it did, I’m sorry she didn’t get to see the inaugural festivities. 



President Joseph R. Biden and First Lady Dr. Jill Biden.



Vice President  Kamala D. Harris and First Gentleman Douglas Emhoff. 


Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy 







8 comments:

  1. so sorry about your sister that was sad news for you. It sounds like you had a good visit with your son. The inauguration was a great thing for a lot of us - I sure hope for changes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Judy, my heart goes out to you as you grieve ... <3 Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. I imagine it's a big transition to come home after that long of a time away, and with the news of your sister, too. Your Christmas cactuses are looking wonderful, and beautiful flowers from your in-laws, too. They brighten up these January days! Yesterday was a good day for our country!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Catching up on blogs! Glad you are home safe and sound. So sorry about your sister. Sending hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you got home safely. I bet there is quite the stack of mail. Gorgeous flowers, how sweet of Mr. Busy's family. Your cookies look yummy, and the sign made me giggle. We have been working a puzzle here too. The grandson's come over and work on it for an hour or two every day. Wow your Christmas cactus is incredible. I have been working on a heart project too. I have decided it needs to be a wee bit bigger.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sorry about the loss of your sister. I can't imagine.

    Those cookies look delicious. Your cactus looks so happy! Your flowers are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no Judy, my sincere condolences about your loss... a sister... so close to us.
    Yes to the inauguration and may law and order return to us all. Stability and truth please, God, make it so.
    Love your table runner.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry to hear about your sister, Judy. What a terrible thing to have to endure on top of everything else. But there are always glimmers of happiness - you’re home safe, sewing away (I have that pattern too and considered making it), making puzzles and enjoying your blooms. And the Inauguration!!! YAY!!!

    ReplyDelete