I'm joining others at Not Afraid of Color to share some "likes" from this week. It's a great motivator to find the gratitude in the small things. Hope on over to LeeAnna's blog and see what she's been up to and then check out the others in the listing on her page.
I like words mostly! Uplifting thoughts, praise, affirmations. (I'm not fond of bad words, but that goes without saying!)
I found this few on the internet this week. Two are from Bonnie Hunter's blog. She always makes a meme over quilt blocks! I love that! And she willingly, eagerly says..."Yes, Share!"
Oh, how many times I have experienced this!! I need others to "hear me", not just have an answer!
I like that our son keeps sending photos of Mt Shasta! We miss that beautiful view.
Now he has watched a myriad of YouTube videos and he has built a work bench in his garage.
to an old desk top on sawhorses....
to nearly finished. It's got wheels.
He's ready to start a project! I'm pretty proud of him. He lives alone and figured out how to do this all with no help!
I also worked on a mini table runner for the Table Scraps Challenge..but you'll have to wait til Saturday to see if I finished it!
I know there were lots more things that happened that I like this week, but one thing that I don't like is the camera on my phone has quit recording. It snaps the picture, but it isn't saved any where. I know I need a new phone, but I'm reluctant to go to the phone store to get a new one. Health wise and dollar wise! Yikes!
Until next week,
Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy







Love those memes, the second one really speaks to me. Did you used to live where you could see Mount Shasta? I sent my husband a picture of that neat table, we love that look. He has set himself up a workshop in our garage but says it's too cold most of the time. He has a heater but "it's too expensive" to run all the time - lol!
ReplyDeleteI've been eyeing that Table Scraps Challenge - looks like fun!
I like words and sayings, too - Bonnie does always have good ones! That's pretty neat that your son is venturing into carpentry work. It's amazing the help you can get from watching YouTube videos! Looking forward to seeing your Table Scraps project.
ReplyDeleteoy technology! I sure like words and quotes and like yours so much. I admire woodworkers!
ReplyDeleteTell your son I appreciate the pictures of Mt. Shasta too. How cool that he built a workbench on his own. Great sayings from Bonnie.
ReplyDeleteCan I borrow Mr Busy? I'd love to have some benches like that. :-)
ReplyDeleteI like those sayings. I need to learn to slow down - I try to listen but sometimes get so excited by ideas I speak too much.
I like Bonnie's quotes of the day too. Not sure where she finds all of them but most are spot-on! Congrats to your son on making his own work bench. I really like the looks of that hall table -- sturdy, functional, AND pretty!
ReplyDeleteHi Judy! It sounds like your son has found his niche and hobby for now - maybe it will lead him down another path eventually. I love seeing those photos of Mt. Shasta, too. Beautiful. ~smile~ Roseanne
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful picture of Mt. Shasta! Your son is quite talented. I love reading Bonnie Hunter's quotes. So prolific!
ReplyDelete