This will be a bit redundant for some of you. I now have 3 CiL (Covered in Love) blocks finished. This last one is a Sawtooth Star block with a scrappy 4 patch center and blue star points. The neutral-ish fabric in the four patch is the last of a piece I bought years ago. It’s a favorite of mine. One more Ohio Star block to do and then all 8 will be mailed to Kat.
I also finally settled on a plan to get the Chunky Churn Dash/ Nines and Rails blocks together. I used the blue Shibori II fabric that was used in my QOV Winter Mystery. I wanted to use it for the binding of the QOV, so I put off thinking about it for sashings the churn dash blocks. But the binding is machine stitched to the QOV quilt, so the extra was available. Then I needed cornerstones. I could have gone scrappy, but I felt like it needed some consistency. I noticed the orange plaid in the top of my orange scrap basket! Ooh! That will work! It's called Little Bear and Cottontail from RJR Fabrics 2007!
It’s coming together,but it will be a bit narrow, I think. Not quite 36”. Time to think about border fabric!
I don't know why I started at the bottom, but the rows are going together.
The binding is machine sewn to the front on Winter Mystery QOV.
This is my slow stitching, sitting in the cool basement project for the next week or two. It will need to be finished by the end of August. Definitely doable. I heard back from my quilter, the panto is Outburst!
So that's all of my NOT finished projects today!.
Linking up with Alicia at Finished or Not Finished Friday. Go check out all the others linking up. Lots of fabulous finishes.
Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy



Great bunch of NOT finished projects, Judy!! I just mailed my CiL block the other day. Hoping it will arrive safely by tomorrow or Monday.
ReplyDeleteLove your scrappy chunky churn dash blocks! The sashing looks great, it's always fun when leftovers from one project are perfect for another.
ReplyDeleteOh, I'm in love with the Chunky Churn Dashes!
ReplyDeleteI like your Chunky Churn dashes, Judy! The blue sashing and orange cornerstones are going to work nicely for pulling all the blocks together, too.
ReplyDeleteGreat Not finished projects!! I really like how you are framing your chunky Churn dash!! it is going to be great!
ReplyDelete