Here we are. Almost half way through December, 10 days to Christmas Eve. Yikes, where did 2024 go?
Just because, I’ll show some photos of the mountain!
The fog and low cloud cover have been hampering our view. It’s in the 40s but damp and foggy!
Good days for sewing, but when you don’t have a machine, it’s a good baking day.
I am away from my machine, but did explore one possible RSC block for 2025 before I covered up my machine and left.
The potato chip block has caught my eye. I experimented with some ancient scraps from my overflowing green bin and my purple scrap bucket was sitting out too!
I haven’t done the math to decide how many blocks of each color I would need for a decent sized lap quilt, but I’ll do that soon.
Have you ever made a potato chip block?
Linking up with Angela at So Scrappy for todays Linky Party!
Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy and Hopeful!


I just finished a scrappy one. Love those blocks in green and purple. Great color combo.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous views, Judy! I love that fog photo. Your cake sounds delicious! (I love pecans :) I have also experimented with the potato chip block, and decided I like them best when they're like yours - one color with that light round in the middle. Those are pretty in purp,every and green!
ReplyDeletePretty view towards the mountain. I've always loved mountains and fog has always fascinated me. Love your Potato Chip blocks. I've never made one, they are on my bucket list for RSC 2025. The cake looks so yummy. Do you mind share the recipe? Happy weekend!
ReplyDeleteI'd eat that cake, nuts and all! Lol! Homemade is always so tasty!!! I've not made Potato Chip blocks either but have seen a few made and they always come out pretty. Green & purple is one of my favorite combos. I know there'll be more colors, of course, but it's a great start in my opinion! Lol
ReplyDeleteI'm down for that cake! As a child I hated pecans in my food but in my adulthood I got smart. ;) I would love your recipe. Love your potato chip blocks - I have not yet made one!
ReplyDelete