Pages

Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, December 4, 2024

First Midweek in December

 



Just a little notice that I may post sporadically this month. Not that I’ve been consistent recently! LOL

My focus last week was cleaning up after Thanksgiving, packing and planning for our trip to spend Christmas with our son. We haven’t flown anywhere since 2012. Mr. Busy had a bad anxiety attack on the airplane going to Arizona and declared “ never again will I fly!” ✈️

That’s been a long 12 years and lots has changed. We are older, less mobile and less strong. But he decided we should spend Christmas again with our son. So here we are. He handled the flight with ease. But we didn’t pack as much as when we drive. 🧳🧳👜 and a backpack 🎒 


All the felt ornaments were completed for our daughter and her family, along with appropriate gift cards or “real money” for the youngest. Two were mailed to our granddaughter in Vermont.

And the gold fabric in the background is a Nancy Halvorsen Christmas print that was in my stash. Supplemented with a second piece if was big enough for backing fabric for my Hometown Christmas quilt.

 I helped a neighbor trim a quilt and advised her on binding. It was her first such endeavor. I haven’t seen the finished quilt but was given to her son’s girlfriend at Thanksgiving. I hope she will share a photo. 

And I gave some thought to a Rainbow Scrap Challenge block for 2025. I will have a “Finish a UFO” component to my year too. 

Maybe a Potato Chip Block! 

There are lots of examples. This is just one tutorial from YouTube. 


I’ll check in periodically. 

Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy and Hopeful!



2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you had a good flight to California, Judy! Hope you will share some of those beautiful views that you get there. I've seen some beautiful potato chip block quilts - they're calling to me, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That potato chip block is pretty cool. Need to bookmark that for future scrap!

    ReplyDelete