I am sitting on the couch in our son’s living room looking at this beautiful sky. I am reminded of the beauty that makes up our world. And I will try to focus on it rather than the bad and the ugly!
Our fight from home to Medford OR was easy and uneventful, with the exception of the airlines changing our gate #, 3 times. Not a big inconvenience,Gate B12, to Gate B15, to Gate B9.
The Sky keeps getting better and better this morning.
My cup this morning has a wonderful Peet’s blend called Major Dickason’s Blend. It’s a dark coffee, but it’s good! I do lighten my coffee, this time with full fat 1/2 and 1/2!
Last night we went to watch our son bowl. This is his second year on a league and he has a lot of fun. So many people welcomed us as his “ Mom and Dad”!
Each bowl is a different color and a different quilt block. Can’t wait to make that gingerbread recipe.
I am so blessed to have such generous and thoughtful friends.
LeeAnna asked this question!
Real tree or artificial Christmas tree?
Our daughter’s birthday is the middle of December. She has always loved Christmas. We started taking her birthday pictures in front of a real tree always. We lived in the Black Hills of South Dakota and cutting a real tree was a family tradition. When we moved to Wyoming we continued to have a real tree purchased from a tree lot, usually sponsored by the local Boy Scout organization. Mr Busy was a volunteer fireman at that time, and one year we put up a tree in time for our daughter’s birthday picture and it ended up loosing most of the needles before Christmas. Of course we had to go get a 2nd one. After that Mr Busy declared a fire danger due the dryness of the purchased trees and the extra cost to purchase two. That next year be bought an artificial tree. This year however, we again will cut a real tree in the Klamath National Forest in N. California.! Fun!
OK! I’ve rambled enough! Go check out other I Like Thursday participants, at LeeAnna’s Not Afraid of Color blog. It’s sure to make you smile and feel gratitude.
Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy and Hopeful!






Oh that sky just had to be so spectacular!!! glad you made it nice and easy!! Bowling looks fun - did you show them up haha!!! Enjoy!!!
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing the beautiful views from your son's house! I know you'll enjoy your time there. The Countdown to Christmas package sounds like fun - those measuring bowls are great! Enjoy!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun quilty gift. The gingerbread recipe will probably be a big hit. If not, send it my way. I love gingerbread! Lol! Funny story about how the Christmas trees in your family have gone full-circle now. Life is so funny!
ReplyDeleteSo glad you are enjoying that beautiful view, and with good coffee and full fat 1/2 and 1/2 - the best. What a wonderful gift box!
ReplyDeleteI'm with you on lightened coffee, Judy! What a fun, fun advent gift via MSQC!!! Neat bowls!!!
ReplyDelete