Pages

Powered By Blogger

Saturday, June 8, 2024

ScrapHappy Saturday

 




Just trying to rev up my blues. I have a light blue scrap bucket and a dark blue scrap bucket. So finding blue shouldn’t be a problem. I sewed 3 split nine blocks, cut pieces for 1 more and also for some zipper blocks. I’m mixing dark and light in my blocks.





I started stitching the June design on Woven Wreaths. I like this watering can with baby’s breath in it. The little bee is a tiny stitch. But Kathy has some great tips in her YouTube tutorial for completing the bee. I’ll get him done today, or finish him tomorrow while watching CBS Sunday Morning. I want to look at the tutorial one more time before doing the bee.





I caught whatever it was that Mr. Busy had last week. I call it a summer cold. Headache, runny nose, some aches and pains that are relieved by Tylenol. And a scratchy throat that feels better when I drink my Hot Spiced Tea. I used to call it Russian Tea, but now it’s just Spiced Tea. 🫖 So not much was accomplished, but I got several naps! 💤



I don’t add sugar at all. I like the pucker of the lemonade flavor. When this recipe was given to me you could buy Wyler’s Lemonade in packets like KoolAid. Now I buy a canister of CountryTime Lemonade and a canister of Tang and just make a batch at a time.



I’m linking with Angela for ScrapHappy Saturday! 


Hope your Saturday is only blue because of the fabrics you touch today.

 Stay Busy and Stay Happy 

2 comments:

  1. So sorry you had that summer cold - that's no fun. I remember having and making that tea, but not for a long time! I had forgotten how tasty it is. Looks like you're off to a good start with your blues! I enjoyed stitching that little bee - Kathy's tips make it pretty easy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judy your blues are really pretty, and I love your Woven Wreaths! Back in the day, that tea was my favorite hot drink (besides coffee). I had forgotten all about it and am glad to see your recipe! I hope your cold goes away quickly. Seems like summer colds are worse somehow.

    ReplyDelete