Pages

Powered By Blogger

Thursday, May 25, 2023

I LIKE Thursday ~ Vacation?







All our favorite network shows have been having the Season Finales! One favorite, NCIS: Los Angeles had their final finale. That show will not return. It ran for 14 seasons.


I don’t have a summer replacement that I’m looking forward to. Maybe I’ll get some books read!
These are on my TBR list!


Bridges Out of Poverty by Ruby Payne

The Dictionary of Lost Words by Pip Williams

State of Terror by Hillary Rodham Clinton and Louise Penny

Sworn to Silence by Linda Castillo.    


Wonderland Creek by Lynn Austin and 

The Life She Was Given  by Ellen Wiseman. 

Letters from the Sky by Jessica Brockmole  

Keep Her Safe by Sophie Hannah

Tomorrow and Tomorrow and Tomorrow by Gabrielle Zevin.  


I was grateful that we were able to host our oldest granddaughter’s birthday celebration. We had a very good day!



The birthday girl in her tiara and her youngest, our Miss B. That’s her husband in the background trying to be invisible!


I made  dark chocolate brownies and an amaretto-less cheesecake. It’s my sister’s fabulous recipe, but I left the Amaretto out because our daughter has a nut allergy! It was still awesome..


My Lily of the Valley are blooming! It makes me happy!





I changed out the Mother’s Day stuff on my buffet. Patriotic for Memorial Day!




The flowers are still left from Mother’s Day, I just changed out the container. A clear vase set in a patriotic woven bucket. Little bowl fillers I stitched last year and a chicken pincushion in red, white and blue. 




 LeeAnna’s prompt for this week is:

if you could go on vacation anywhere right now, where would it be? tell us why you chose that place... imagine how long you'd like to be there, and what you'd like to do there....


This one got me to thinking! When I think of vacations they require air travel mostly. And that won’t be happening again unless I go by myself. Mr Busy, refuses to fly anymore. I dream of a beach vacation! Sun and sand and Caribbean blue water. Sitting on a chair under an umbrella reading. Someone young and tan and male bringing me umbrella drinks! Like pina coladas, Mai tais, or a Yellow Bird! I’d stay at least a week, maybe two! Other than sitting on the beach or poolside, I’d eat great food, maybe take a moonlight/ sunset cruise! 


That’s what sounds good to me! 

I’m joining LeeAnna and friends to celebrate the good things in life! 

**If there are multiple fonts as you read this post, I apologize. I tried, and tried to get them all the same. I'm throwing my hands in the air!  I don't know how to fix it except maybe to start over. and it's too late for that. I know you all will understand. 

Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy and Hopeful!







6 comments:

  1. Your granddaughter is beautiful! Family days are the best days. I love your Memorial Day decor - that chicken pincushion is adorable! I'm with Mr Busy, and my husband is with you. He loves beaches. I like mountains, and I really don't think I'll ever fly again, so if we go anywhere it will be by car. Not a lot of blue water beaches by car!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thoroughly enjoyed your description of your favourite vacation. Take me with you! Meanwhile, beautiful granddaughter and great granddaughter. Family celebrations are the best! Love that chicken bowlie too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can get Mike to fly to the west coast - so that's why we go there so often! Still dreaming about Hawaii, though. You've got some great sounding books on your summer reading list, Judy! Some I've read, but some I'll have to look for, too. Glad you had a fun birthday for your granddaughter and family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. blogger seems to have a mind of it's own these days. I think your vacay sounds great, I'll have what you're having to drink too. My question was fantasy for us, we can't go anywhere but wish we could. I love to sit by the shore, breathing in the scent of water and suntan oil, listening to breezes through palm trees... yes please!
    LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  5. My lily of the valley are blooming like crazy! Ooh - brownies and cheesecake - that sounds so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice photo of your GD's birthday celebration! Sounds like a good memory. You're on the ball with your patriotic decorations, Judy! Our Lily of the Valley are blooming now, too, and they smell sooo good! Your tropical vacay sounds dreamy!!!

    ReplyDelete