Pages

Powered By Blogger

Thursday, May 11, 2023

I LIKE Thursday. ~ Favorite Music









Prompt for  May 11 2023:

do you have a favorite musical style?  For fun:  what kind of music calms you, makes you want to dance, or stimulates you creatively?

I really like most kinds of music. I’m not fond of Heavy Metal or Rap! Mostly I think because it feels violent to me, and I don’t get it. 

But Classical like Beethoven and Chopin.
traditional Christian hymns, How Great Thou Art, The Old Rugged Cross, Are Ye Able, Blessed Assurance

 Easy Listening calm  me. I have an old iPod and speakers in my sewing room. I don’t have a TV there. My iPod has old songs I downloaded from iTunes years ago. I turn it on sometimes,  not always. I just click and listen to whatever is playing. Yesterday it was The Eagles! I like older Country music too. George Strait, Vince Gill, Glen Campbell, Loretta Lynn. But I also listen to Maroon 5, James Blunt, Josh Groban, Little Big Town and Lady A. 

We are not dancers (gasp!). Though years ago we did Square Dance with a club. It was great fun. I love to watch people dance. I watched Dancing With the Stars regularly until it filled with so much drama, like every other reality show! 

I don’t think of music as stimulating me creatively!  I wonder why?


Mostly this week, I’ve just been putting lines of quilting on Precarious! 



It’s sort of tedious. That’s why I turned on the music on Tuesday.  

Yesterday I finished the two sections that needed aqua thread. I played Thread Chicken!

Yikes!  will I make it?




Yes I did!  Barely!





Nine colors are done, 7 more to go!
Half way!















It’s been an ordinary week. We did have some warm days and got the back deck and patio cleaned. Deck furniture out. I need to get Mr Busy to take the Garden bench apart, so I can re stain the slats.  I have plans for a bench pillow!  "wink"

Last week end I cooked a pork roast in some salsa, broth and Penzy’s 33rd and Galena! I divided it, finished 1/2 in BBQ for sliders and the rest of it in green enchilada sauce for pork tacos and enchiladas. We are still eating it. It’s still good, but I’m glad it’s finally gone! 






I’m back on WW and in a week have lost 5 lbs and am feeling better. My joints respond to less sugar. But my emotional psyche thinks it needs dessert every night! It’s a process and I know from past experiences, it’ll get better. 

As I was sitting on the deck yesterday afternoon with a glass of just regular black tea iced, I noticed my Lily of the Valley have poked through the dead leaves from last year. Boy have they!

I had better get out my kneeling pad and clean our the dead stuff. I can't wait for them to bloom. They smell soooooo good!

Lots to like this week!  Join other like minded bloggers over at LeeAnna's blog, Not Afraid of Color!
There will be lots to LIKE and lots to share. 


Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy and Hopeful!



6 comments:

  1. Look at all that pretty texture you're getting on Precarious with the quilting! That kind of quilting is definitely tedious, though - having some music to sing along to would be a great idea. Love the Eagles and forgot them for my post - lots of good music there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on loosing five pounds! My hubby thinks we should have dessert every night too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. fun!
    I've done WW a few times but it's hard to stay on for me, causes me to constantly think about food, what to eat or not, how much, and I do not want to focus on eating... the principles are good though slow losses for me each time. Giving up sugar is HARD and takes at least a week to break the desire. Good for you to do it!
    LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of good stuff here, Judy. I think your quilting is looking wonderful; I would definitely find that tedious with the machine. Yes, congrats to having a weight loss...I too am sensitive to sugar but like you, sometimes I want a little treat. If I'm good, I stick to fruit. Have you had any of the new hyper sweetened grapes? There's one called Cotton Candy and boy it lives up to the name. I like all the same music too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for having just enough thread! Lily of the Valley are amazingly persistent!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always think I need something sweet with an evening cup of coffee😄 nice quilting stitches on the quilt,I traded out the TV for the radio/CD player in the sewing room a few years ago,I tended to stop sewing & get engrossed in the TV 😂 bobbin chicken is fun too!🤣

    ReplyDelete