Pages

Powered By Blogger

Saturday, March 4, 2023

Rainbow Scrap Challenge March 2023 Green.






Some of you may remember that I was going to participate in RSC 2023 a bit differently this year. I was going to finish UFO's per color for the month. I made a spreadsheet on Excel and assigned each of my UFO's a color, randomly.  When Angela chose green for March, the corresponding projects were: sashing on Growing Up Odd and Happy Blocks from 2022 into a flimsy.

My spreadsheet so far. Not always successful, but working toward a goal. I wish I was savvy enough to figure out how to make the spreadsheet shareable on Blogger, so I didn't have to do a photo of my laptop screen. 




This quilt has 1,552  little two inch squares. Cut over a period of 3 years. They finish at 1.5" The sashing is a vanilla ice cream colored grunge. I wish I could find a name for the fabric but there is only a number.The original pattern is from Wedding Dress Blues  and was set 5x5 and was 90" x 90".  Mine is 4x4 and 71"x71". 






A bonus will be to get the backing pieced. I’m using a pair of used navy blue twill curtains! Because it’s to be a picnic quilt or throw on the ground to sit on quilt, I wanted a dark color no nonsense sturdy backing. And I had the curtains! Wish me luck! 


I'm linking this post up to ScrapHappy Saturday at Angela's blog, So Scrappy. 


Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy and Hopeful!





4 comments:

  1. Growing up Odd is just beautiful, Judy! So glad you have it pulled out to work on the finishing. Your backing plans sound perfect for a "throw on the ground" quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your idea, finishing UFO's by color is cool.
    Looking for seeing your progress on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a *lot* of squares! And I'm all for using up as much as possible, so use those twill curtains

    ReplyDelete
  4. Finishing UFOs by color is a great idea! Love your scrappy quilt.

    ReplyDelete