Pages

Powered By Blogger

Thursday, March 9, 2023

I LIKE Thursday……







LeeAnna's Prompt for this week was:

what would you like to have in a dream studio space? Think about layout, cabinetry, tools... Have you ever seen a studio space you wished you had? 

A larger sewing table to really spread out a quilt
An AccuQuilt cutter
A design board I can pin to
Less stuff! 😛. 




Other Likes: 

Three of my four Holiday cacti are blooming! It always makes me happy! The two photos, top left and bottom right are the same plant, just a week apart.






Part of my birthday gift from Mr.Busy was tickets to see



Monday was bitter cold and blowing snow, but we Wyomingites are hardy. He took me to supper before the show. We went to Ruby Tuesdays.  The theater was not full, but we saw several people we knew. Fun Irish music and traditional Irish Dance. 

I’ve been playing Wordle and winning lately. Though yesterday’s was a bit tricky. 




I don’t normally have screenshots and I don’t post to Facebook often about it. But decided to take a photo of Wednesday’s game just for you all! “Sad face” Not my best day! I just like words! 

Made a second mug cozy from some gifted fat quarters. There are French words on the fabric. I don’t speak French, but I think “bebe d’amour” is “Baby Love” . Others translated as Sleep Well, Cuddles and Kisses, Pretty Baby….one even translated in Google to “my little love apple”.




This one fits my bigger glass mug. 


Sewed horizontal sashings to Star blocks.





We’ve been trying to catch up on Chicago Wednesday programs. Chicago Med, Chicago Fire and Chicago PD. Since we cut the cable, we can’t watch live, but can watch a day later streaming on Peacock.

We’ll finish up binging Suits, this month. Then we will be on the lookout for another series. 

I borrowed Watership Down from our library. I’m just getting started.


No stellar food coming out of my kitchen lately. But I’m planning a blueberry pie for Pi Day next week. 
And if I have some self-rising flour, I may try some Beer Bread with Vegetable Soup this weekend. Soup is my go-to comfort food, and  lately chili has been affecting my tummy!


I am joining others this morning over at Not Afraid of Color.  LeeAnna gives us a place to share our good stuff every week. If you want to join the fun, just let her know. She will add a link to your blog. 


Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy and Hopeful!



 

7 comments:

  1. beer bread... send a recipe... I make my own "self rising" flour, from online recipe of adding in a little baking power plus salt.
    the flowers are so pretty, love that you went out to eat and to a show! Happy birthday month! I have so much stuff but I like it, so the task is to find it when I need it, and remember where I put it, and have enough space to use it !
    Leeanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your birthday present! Kudos to Mr. Busy for the perfect idea. I do the Wordle every day, too - sometimes I get it and sometimes I don't! Blueberry pie sounds yummy - do you have a favorite recipe for that? Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is so much to "like" in this post, Judy. The dinner and show was a nice gift from your hubby. Beer bread and vegetable soup has my mouth watering!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Judy! What gorgeous cacti. I love seeing them blooming - it makes me happy, too. Your soup with fresh bread sounds delicious. Just deeeee-licious to me. It's comforting and filling. Yum! Happy Thursday to you. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cactus looks great. I love that color. Cute mug cozy. Enjoy Watership Down!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your holiday cacti are beautiful. I had a "lose" the other day in Wordle - amazing how it disappoints me to do that - lol! Mr Busy did good - dinner and show sounds wonderful. Hope you are having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete