Last Week of October 14-October 20
1. Make all blocks for Heartland. Not done....there was a snafu
2. Cut Yellow Easy Breezy parts and sew last 2 Hollow 9's ✅
3. Get yellow slabs to a quilted piece in preparation to construct a basket.Done ✅
Bonus: Cut parts for Yellow Geese Migration blocks. ✅
1. Heartland 3 yard quilt: I always trim selvages. And this time I prewashed the three yards of fabric. Cool water and hung to dry, because I was concerned about the dark green! The problems occurred when the instructions called for a 7” x WOF , sub cut into six 7” blocks. My WOF was not 42” ! Only 40.5! I think I will be able to piece from some extra border strips. But I haven't cut into those yet! I did measure the supposed size of the border strips and there should be some extra. Then a similar problem with the alternate block. I’ll continue to plug away, but it’s not giving me pleasure!
2. I cut some Easy Breezy block with yellow . I’m using them as Leaders and Enders while I sew the Heartland blocks. I am not really liking these little blocks! When the year is over they may go into the Parts Bin!
There will be 5 when done!
3. Not only did I get the yellow slab quilted, but it is a scrap basket and it is on the shelf. My original plan was to continue with November and December, using darks or neutrals. But we have a family situation. So we are going to spend Thanksgiving through Christmas with our son in Northern California! I won’t be taking my machine. Just hand work! And I may shop for background fabric for Geese Migration and Scrappy Sprouts. Won't that be fun? So unless I get a dark one done the early part of November...this is the last scrap basket for awhile.
Bonus: the Geese Migration blocks got cut. I took them to the sew day! I had great visions of getting one project done and needing a 2nd! Silly me!
Next week
October 20 -October 26
1. Finish 2 geese migration blocks
2. Continue working on Heartland
3 Start to make dark brown/black or neutral crumb blocks.
That doesn't look like much of a list, but I may edit it before the week is done! LOL!
Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy






Don't you hate that - when the WOF is NOT the wof!! Fingers crossed you can piece a block - your poor granddaughter - I bet she was ( is) exhausted!
ReplyDeleteI like your easy breezy blocks. Hope the family situation isn't terribly serious, it's so hard to see our children hurting. Happy stitching!
ReplyDeleteHi Judy! Tell your granddaughter thank you for all of her hard work on Prime Day. I can't even imagine how nuts it was, and I did order something. She's a cutie!! I love your yellow basket. How fun to have them in each color! How annoying about Heartland and the fabric. Geez! I hope you can eek out what is needed. Thanks for linking up today! ~smile~ Roseanne
ReplyDeleteJudy, I'm sorry to hear there's a family situation you need to help with, and so far away from home. A good reason to prep some handwork, that's for sure! I hope you can get the 3 yard quilt project to work out. Your yellow scrap basket is definitely a happy one! I'm not sure about the Easy Breezy blocks either - I've only made a few, but might get back to them yet this month!
ReplyDeleteGreat yellow basket, a bucket of sunshine it is;) I hope that you can make your heartland quilt come out in the end. Frustrating when the fabric shrinks so much.
ReplyDeleteprime day must be hell for the workers! Love your red/yellow blocks together I like that combination
ReplyDeleteworthy goals!!! lol
ReplyDeletegotta always have a list of things to do, whatever would it be like with no list?
Hope you get your green fabric issue solved--frustrating! Good luck with your to-do's and hope the fam is all ok!
ReplyDeleteLOVE your YELLOW basket, Judy! I must have been distracted earlier in the week, as it didn't sink in that you've had a family situation and you'll be traveling soon. I do hope you'll be able to get your light neutral challenge basket done before you leave and that you might be able to get your dark neutral challenge basket done soon after you return. No pressure, though. Family first!!
ReplyDelete