Joining others today over at Home Sewn By Us with Sue and Roseanne. Where we share our to-do list and weekly progress.
Last weeks list.
October 20 -October 26
1. Finish 2 geese migration blocks ✅
2. Continue working on Heartland ✅
3. Start to make dark brown/black or neutral crumb blocks. ✅
1. Yellow Geese Migration blocks! I also checked the pattern. I need 25 blocks. I made 2 for 8 of the months. And 2 months, February and May, I made only 1. I didn’t have 2 different orange solids in February or a second Dark Green for May. I hope to be able to make a brown or tan block and a black one too, then I will lay out the ones I have and try to decide what colors I can fill in with.
2. Heartland Blocks. Now there are five. But progress is progress. Right?
October 27 - November 2
1. Make more "fabric yarn"
2. Make two more Heartland Blocks
3. Make a zip bag for a travel jewelry pouch
4. Bonus: a yellow/gold string block
Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy!




Working with the neutrals, doing crumb piecing, is addicting! Those pieces will make a great scrap bag! I love your yellow geese blocks, too. Sometimes it's hard to come up with enough variety when you're making those kinds of blocks - I found that challenging when I was making the color gradient blocks. I never even made an orange one because I knew I didn't have enough different oranges.
ReplyDeleteHi Judy! HAHA - you started the neutrals. Yes, they are addictive even to read about. Five Heartland blocks is great - the whole project is moving along. I am really looking forward to seeing your 25 blocks for RSC! I'm playing along in 2021 so this is fascinating. Thanks for linking up and good luck with this week's list. ~smile~ Roseanne
ReplyDelete