Pages

Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, September 22, 2020

To-Do Tuesday #7 and Weekly Progress Update



 I’m so glad that I happened on  the  To-Do Tuesday List hosted by Home Sewn by Us. This one keeps me accountable on a weekly basis. I’m a believer in small steps lead to big projects done!  I'm back to be accountable again. 



Last week's To-Do List

September 15 - September 21

1. Bind Dick and Jane quilt.   ✔️    All four corners done. Finished watching Monday Night Football!  The lighting is a bit weird, but the game isn’t over yet and you know you can’t disrupt the game! 😆 The backing is dog sound words...woofs ruff, bow wow! 





2. Continue on the Loose Threads challenge. ✔️

It is completely done!  Even Glitter Glue on the stars on the background fabric. As I worked on this I had no idea what I would do with it. But, as it finished, I thought of my youngest granddaughter. She and her fiance are Music Festival attendees and they love to camp. It will be perfect to be in the tent. And should they find a Drive-In Movie Theater they can use it for that too!  <3




3. Trace Christmas designs on neutral for Hexagon Table topper ✔️

Though they are hard to see here, they are ready to start the stitching. There is a wreath, a star and a heart! 

I'll be using them on a table topper like the one on this magazine cover---only Christmas themed.

Using this charm pack called Holly Jolly by Moda. It's been in my stash for 6-7 years.   I'll keep you posted. 


So I feel pretty good about checking the items off my list. Now if I could just remember how to make a check mark in HTML. I used to know!  I cheated and edited the check marks using my iPad! 🤓


Next week  I want to do:

1. Start the stitching on the Christmas motifs for the hexie table topper.

2. Do the last of the Red Easy Breezy blocks. 

3. Do some other (secret sewing= maroon) 
 
4. Attempt the big stitch quilting on the Harvest Table runner. 


Linking up with Home Sewn by Us and To Do Tuesday. 


Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy








7 comments:

  1. you got this!! and yay you for making good use of the football games- right? ha ha!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Judy! I can't help you with how to do a checkmark in HTML. I just use the special characters feature however, Google says &#10003 is the HTML code for a checkmark. Great job on your list! I agree - a big job broken down into smaller parts seems much easier to master and get finished. Thanks for linking up today. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree - small steps lead big finishes! Yay for the Dick and Jane finish! Your hexagon project looks like it will be a fun one to work on, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that table topper on the magazine too - I have seen some do hexies with embroidery in the center of each hexie that is different

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep. I do the check marks on my iPhone or iPad. On a Mac computer you can make a check by hitting option and the v. √√√√√ Not as nice a check mark as on the iPad/Phone. I keep my goals list on the Notes (app -- but it's on all three devices for me. Let's me open wherever I want to. Is that a current magazine? Or one from a previous year. I've seen it before and thought it was very clever. Good luck with your goals.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I almost picked up that magazine!! Can't wait to see your interpretation of the cover project.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too enjoy the motivation To Do Tuesday brings. I have not been ad focused latelt, but seeing your progress as well as others is helping.
    I like the hexi quilt on the cover of the magazine. Enjoy making it! You've got a couple of finishes this week! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete