LeeAnna at Not Afraid of Color hosts this format so we can share positives in our lives. We can focus on good thoughts and things instead of negatives.
Beside My Chair!
This funny looking contraption is a stand for my iPad. Since our kids and grandkids are far away...and the pandemic happened....we have scheduled a weekly ZOOM. I started with a stack of magazines. Mr Busy watched my dilemma and made this easel-like stand. It's made out of Dollar Store foam board that just happens to be black and some CA( cyanocrylate) glue . Mr Busy flies Radio Controlled Airplanes and has made a few from foam board. So these supplies were in his “build room” (studio)! It works really well and I don't have to hold my iPad or get a photo of the ceiling.
Sometimes in the evening I like to sip a brew! A Blue Moon Belgian White garnished with orange slices.
Other likes this week.....
1. Our furnace/AC is working. It was nothing serious. The repairman was young, pleasant and knowledgeable. It could have been worse. It could have been in the middle of winter instead of just a short cold snap. We'll be good for winter now, a new filter and the condenser hose cleaned out. Mr. Busy even got a lesson, so if the same thing happens again he can fix it. The furnace is only 3 years old and still under warranty. But he likes to know what to do. We don’t need the furnace this week, only running the A/C during the day.
2. House plants in from their summer on the deck.
My Christmas cactus and two amaryllis now reside in front of our living room picture window.This big schefflera softens the corner between the living room and dining room.
Now to withhold the water on the amaryllis and get them downstairs in the dark, so they can rest and bloom again for Christmas. Fingers crossed. Some years I have good luck and some years not!.
3. Today is Mr. Busy' s birthday. He requested cherry pie from the store. I’m not good with pie crust any more. When I baked regularly, when Mr Busy worked construction and packed a lunchbox, I was better at it. And pie packs well, so I made a lot of pie. But I’m out of the habit..so my pie crusts turn out tough.
We'll have cherry pie and vanilla ice cream and he'll be a happy guy!
That might be all the positives this week. My life is mostly positive, so I don't note the daily "good stuff". I spend some time each day in my sewing room. And I spend some time each day reading blogs and touching bases with my quilting friends in blogland. That is a big GOOD!
ps: after I wrote this draft , I was deadheading some chrysanthemums in the front of the house and noticed a strawberry in the strawberry bed. Lo and behold there were a few.
Have a great rest of the week. I'll see you all on the internet!
Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy










Wow-those strawberries look great. How cool that your hubby was able to make an iPad stand. I finally broke down and bought one cause it’s so awkward trying to hold it correctly for FaceTime.
ReplyDeleteI didn’t know I could have saved my amaryllis to bloom next year. I don’t remember the last pie crust I made- many years ago- but I sure am picky about store bought. So many are not cooked in the middle. Enjoy your pie!
Hi Judy! HB to your DH! I hope he has a fabulous day. The pie and ice cream sound just fabulous to me. And what a treat to find the strawberries! I just LOVE strawberries on cereal for breakfast or even dinner for that matter. YUM! Your plants look so nice and healthy and happy. And your iPad holder looks like the bomb. I'm going to stop at the dollar store tonight and see if they have any foam board. Thanks for the tip and reminder. Happy Thursday to you, my friend. ~smile~ Roseanne
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday to Mr. Busy! I love his cherry pie idea! I've never been a pie crust maker at all, so admire those who can. It looks like you have a very green thumb, Judy - your plants look great. Thexstand he made for your tablet looksxreally handy! My sister and I Zoomed with my mom for the first time last week, and Mom couldn't figure out how to get her iPad to stand up. I think next time I'll recommend a pillow or something.
ReplyDeleteHi,
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday to your Mr. The thought of Cherry Pie has my mouth wanting one...can't make pie dough myself, so have to buy one. My favorite pies are Sara Lee...delicious. Have a great day!
Happy Birthday to your sweetheart! And orange slices sure look refreshing in that drink. It would go good with pie too! heehee!
ReplyDeleteYour strawberries are definitely a big LIKE for the week. They look delicious and I'll be they're sweet.
ReplyDeleteOoh - strawberries! And pie with ice cream is always a good thing. Happy birthday to Mr Busy. I love that ipad stand - inspired! I love coming up with fixes like that!
ReplyDeleteAwe, another post about bringing in the plants. So sad that it is that time. I love the fall when the flowers are so mature!
ReplyDeleteIt is wonderful to hear that you zoom with family weekly!
The strawberries look yummy. What is it about men and pies? :D Hope it was yummy. Everyone is bringing in their plants, perhaps I need to start cleaning up my yard too. Great likes for the week.
ReplyDeleteOh, my goodness do your strawberries get big!!! Mine are tiny, but I've now been able to grow them indoors year-round for about 13 months. Now, if only they could be bigger than peas...
ReplyDeleteI brought all my potted plants in for three days and seven inches of early September snow. Now it's back to smoky skies and 84 every day, and the plants are back out, enjoying the heat. Well, except for the amaryllis bulbs, one going into the basement each week through to the middle of October, then they can start come up to bloom!