I’m joining LeeAnna at Not Afraid of Color for another installment of I LIKE Thursday!
Stuff I Like......
By my chair:
A planner... I recently read a cute meme where someone wondered if they could get a refund on their 2020 planner. None of us got to do all the things we planned ,did we? But my planner has been used a lot. Maybe it’s more of a journal in planner format. You can spend big bucks on journals or get a cheap er planner and use it like a journal. I use mine to record my quilting projects and goals. Various appointments. Shopping..where we went and if the people were wearing masks. What we bought. Groceries, hardware, toiletries. I record phone calls to my sister, ZOOM calls to my kids. Other minutiae.
Here is another recycle project. It's a gum container. I covered it with bits of fabric then applied Mod Podge and let is dry. Another coat of Mod Podge and let it dry. I glued a square of a refrigerator magnet on the top. Inside is a spool of thread and a tiny pincushion. Some pins and a needle. The magnet is a place to park the needle.
To Sew:
This week I am working on making 4 more R,W, B star blocks for CiL.
Ohio Star:
And a really scrappy Sawtooth Star, that has become my favorite.
To Eat:
Home made jam and jelly.
The spread on my toast is rhubarb apple with a cup of frozen berries. I cooked it with some sugar, cinnamon and just a pinch of nutmeg. Put it in a jar with a sealing lid and put in the fridge. I used it within a month. It’s not pretty but it was yummy. Now I have a brand new jar of chokecherry jelly from my neighbor next door. What a surprise! A welcome surprise.
In the garden:
This could be considered a “don’t like”
I don't have pictures, but my pots of flowers are looking rather sketchy! It's been hot and of course windy. I try to keep them watered but they still look windblown! Also the grasshoppers have just devoured a lot of the leaves. And the hail has taken it's toll too! I'm discouraged. My 2 tomato plants have leaf curl. Google says from herbicide or dry hot wind. I moved them away from where they might get overspray from the lawn service and where they are a bit more protected from the wind. But they don't look any better. I might have intervened too late.
I’m off to check out the other I LIKE posts! Have a great weekend, all!
Stay Busy and Stay Happy and Healthy!







I love homemade jam and jellies!
ReplyDeleteHi Judy! Oh, that homemade jam looks fabulous. My mouth waters for rhubarb anything. I also love journals, planners, calendars - all of that sort of thing. Add a fun pen - I like to look at them in the office stores, too. Maybe it just goes with blogging - writing of a sort? Happy Thursday to you. ~smile~ Roseanne
ReplyDeleteI don't use planners or calendars much. Perhaps I should. Fun recycling, and love your blocks. Sorry about your garden. We don't use chemicals a whole lot. Except for what they call ground clear for the driveway, otherwise my house looks abandoned because of all the weeds on the drive.
ReplyDeleteYour planner is so pretty! I'm sure having that by your chair makes you want to write in it - and won't the 2020 one be an interesting one to look back on, too?! Your homemade jam looks tasty! Your recycled container for thread is a great idea, too. I'm sorry your plants are suffering from the hot, dry wind - we get that almost every day here, too.
ReplyDeleteI love red white and blue quilts! How beautiful! I like your planner too. I keep a journal but a pretty planner would be fun!
ReplyDeleteluckily you learned about the toxins on tomatoes before you ate them. The HOA wants us to use harsh chemicals but we won't... we want to live. Love your recycling projects, and I admit, I had a sharp intake of breath looking at that glorious breakfast... yum... I LOVE buttered toast and jelly...pass that plate over here
ReplyDeleteLeeAnna
forgot to say, the planner... yes, I like the meme, can we shut down 2020 and reboot? My word of the year totally went under for the first time... "open the door" altho... I have opened the door to learning...
DeleteYour stars are beautiful. Breakfast looks yummy! Pretty planner.
ReplyDeleteI love your quilt blocks!! So pretty! Your gum container sewing kit is BRILLIANT! Have a safe and happy week!
ReplyDelete